SAU Community

Rb30 Vs Rb25

R34NRG

3.0L VS 2.5L  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whats with the rev argument? I've never heard anyone bagging out the 2JZ calling it a truck engine & not good for reving. :(

(and we are talking built for turbo, not ppl using RB30E stock bottom ends)

Note: bore/stroke of RB30 is 86x85mm, 2JZ is 86x86mm

I only said MAYBE, and remember I was referring to using a stock RB25 head. I agree with the point you are making, however my rev comment comes from the fact that when you use a STOCK RB25DE head on a larger displacement engine, NATURALLY you are giving the 3litre a head which will flow exactly the same on a flow bench as the 2.5 litre.... giving it (per cubic inch) a more lazy power curve. Put the equivalent flowing head on a smaller motor, the smaller motor will turn into a "make my torque at higher rev" motor - put it on a bigger motor and it goes the other way around, one of the reasons RB30DETs using stock RB25 heads come across so chunky.

The 2JZGTE comes with a head from stock designed to be on a 3litre, so its a little different and even then people straight away shove a set of 264s or bigger in when going for more power - which is what anyone building an RB30DET *should* do if they aren't just clowning around.

Edited by Lithium

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okai let me put it to you this way.

you got a gorgeous tight blonde to the left, and a fat gorilla to your right, which one u want jerkin your shit off? trust me one is better then the other, and no i cant deal with the fact that some dickheads gonna prefer the 20kg hands of a gorilla peeln your dick like a banana.

lol nice analagy, but your going about it the wrong way, your still making one better than the other which it's not. saying to your left you have a gorgeous tight blonde and to your right you have a gorgeous brunette while not as tight is much better in bed, which one would you choose? There still gonna give you the same result, they just have different ways of going about it.....

lol nice analagy, but your going about it the wrong way, your still making one better than the other which it's not. saying to your left you have a gorgeous tight blonde and to your right you have a gorgeous brunette while not as tight is much better in bed, which one would you choose? There still gonna give you the same result, they just have different ways of going about it.....

haha nice

saying to your left you have a gorgeous tight blonde and to your right you have a gorgeous brunette while not as tight is much better in bed, which one would you choose? There still gonna give you the same result, they just have different ways of going about it.....

[removed my Moderator]

just like the rb25 has less torque, spools slower, makes less power with more boost.

i mean i wouldnt say no the the brunette, id rev her to redline.

but if i had the choice ill stick with the blonde thanks

lets do a poll on who thinks R34NRG is a d#ck??? :(

yeh okai "hoang" from "perth"

Edited by Craved
sexually explicit analogies are not required on a public forum

lol!!!! ahhha. Im surprised you havnt been banned yet. Its people like you who give the forums a bad name. Stop clogging it up with your pointless, mindless BULLSHIT. btw i would like to see your dyno graph

ummmmm... :D

What if you want both?

you get NAWS and be a pimp :(

Ive had big power, and honestly i wouldnt want it any earlier than i had on the RB25.

Who can say they have near perfect traction with well over 300rwkw? I did, and if i had power coming on 500-600rpm sooner it would have been a handful to drive.

I still had 4000rpm of power, was perfectly useable for me

lol!!!! ahhha. Im surprised you havnt been banned yet. Its people like you who give the forums a bad name. Stop clogging it up with your pointless, mindless BULLSHIT. btw i would like to see your dyno graph

take it easy hero, superman aint lookn for a sidekick just yet.

ill get a dyno graph up asap when i can find it. i know i know how oronic that i cant find it.

but im heading up to status tuning tm. Trent offered me a free dyno run to compare 2.5s to 3.0Ls back to back

you can come if you want...................

OH WAIT YOUR IN PERTH...........HOANG

but nah seriously ill get a dyno graph up asap

theres 11 people voting for 2.5s and only 2 ppl have explained why......

Edited by R34NRG

You're an idiot.

Go back to ns.com where you belong.

okai chief wiggum

why am i a idiot? because ive proven that 3.0L supass 2.5s in every logical way?

or because you dont have a sense of humour.

man u guys need to lightn up, laugh a lil damn....

Edited by R34NRG

you get NAWS and be a pimp :(

Ive had big power, and honestly i wouldnt want it any earlier than i had on the RB25.

Who can say they have near perfect traction with well over 300rwkw? I did, and if i had power coming on 500-600rpm sooner it would have been a handful to drive.

I still had 4000rpm of power, was perfectly useable for me

The nitrous comes a little later on for me, Ash. Like, once this forker decides it won't run a 9. LOL!

well if thats wat he meant that i retract my idiotic performance.

i never said the rb30 is a be all end all. all i said was i know why i went rb30. and everyone was like wtf why rb30. rb25 is way better.

yes i agree that certain rb25s could proberly munch a rb30 but wats the point in comparing apples and oranges. i was clearly explaining why a rb30 would be the ideal pick over a 2.5. not in personalized scenarios.

defiently, although i still may stick turbos on the big V =D

or a v12 lol

Too late champ.

Everyone already knows you are an idiot, you have a bit of a rep. :P

You're an idiot.

Go back to ns.com where you belong.

btw

rb30 is 86 x 86, not 86 x 85.

I agree with this. You're a complete tool.

Your opinions are so bias that you shouldnt have even bothered starting this thread. All it constitutes is you rambling on having a go at everyone elses opinion which is what you originally asked for.

Your uneducated dribble is also painful to read. Perhaps you should learn how to spell then learn some punctuation while you're at it.

Im a keen fan of the rb30 but wont bother posting an opinion as this thread is ruined already.

If you were on the forums that I admin you would have a stupid tag or be on the banned list by now.

On a lighter note, i was in the workshop when the black gtr was being tuned. The workmanship is top notch.

Edited by SirRacer

Is there any difference in block strength between the 25 and 30?

I have heard that the 30 blocks can sometimes be a little thin.

My neo motor seems to pull pretty hard in all gears from any revs not that i have my big turbo as yet!!!

Too late champ.

Everyone already knows you are an idiot, you have a bit of a rep. :P

you started it mate, your the one who asked for the thread, you got it.

I agree with this. You're a complete tool.

Your opinions are so bias that you shouldnt have even bothered starting this thread. All it constitutes is you rambling on having a go at everyone elses opinion which is what you originally asked for.

Your uneducated dribble is also painful to read. Perhaps you should learn how to spell then learn some punctuation while you're at it.

how the hell are the biased.....see this is wat im talkn about. some idiot comes along and calls my opinions biased......and dats it.....no reason as to why its biased. he says he dosnt want to post his opinon because the threads reuined. grow some ballz you girl.

I've been banned for so much less than what Andru is posting. It's about time someone ended it.

wat am i posting? advantages of having a rb30?, i dont stir any shit unless someone stirs it 1st. so dont blame me if im just holding my ground.

ive proved my point, so im done with this thread. i hope everyone links to this thread wen ppl talk shit about rb30.

theres a dozen votes for RB25, which no one has yet to clarify why. only a personality pick, dosnt really count but i wat ever.

mods can do wat they want with this thread

im out

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...35#entry3942035

dont discount 25s this one does the job nicely

okay okay.

ill say it again.

im not saying 25s are SHIT. im saying that 30s are better. understand people??!??!?!

i love 25s, been driving one since i got the car. but since upgrading to 3.0L its just a no brainer why id never go back to 2.5