SAU Community

The Cool Racing Photo Thread

Whiplash

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching the British GT which is the Vipers, Ferrari's, Aston Martins, Gallardo's, 911's ect instaed of the little 2L tourers. they throw the 1/2 million $ cars around just as much as the BTCC cars

here 1 soon to be ex ginetta G50 (post 12 shows whats about to happen)

1207726033qvgsQ5h.jpg

Ouch!

Ahhh ok, I haven't seen their GT championship, only the Euro GT3 championship. Where do you watch it? Do they have DVD's available?

Cheers

Dane

I watched rnd8 of the british gt last night and it was actually quite an interesting mix of cars.

rnd8 was when the viper cam from 14th to 2nd yeah?

i mainly started watching for my financial interests in the series now i'm addicted :) (luckily not in that ginetta)

ryanbriscoe_narrowweb__200x235.jpg

cover of UK magazine "Motorsport" May 2004. The cover read "Senna at Monaco: A story of inch-perfect precision and mile-wide obsession"

there is only one thing you should note in this pic, the difference between Senna's line and that of everyone else's

R.I.P Ayrton Senna

post-16214-1214910129_thumb.jpg

cover of UK magazine "Motorsport" May 2004. The cover read "Senna at Monaco: A story of inch-perfect precision and mile-wide obsession"

there is only one thing you should note in this pic, the difference between Senna's line and that of everyone else's

R.I.P Ayrton Senna

That little black mark on the white armco on the left, 2 ribs down, was him the lap before.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• FWIW I had the one on my Stagea replaced some time ago. Didn't have any shuddering. Just lots of grease going everywhere. My mechanic was saying it is easier and cheaper to just get a new one and replace it. No reason to spend hours on the labour for them to dick around fixing the old one. We ended up getting a replacement from JustJap. Reasonably confident it would have been one of these: https://justjap.com/products/gsp-premium-front-driveshaft-r-h-nissan-r32-r33-r34-skyline-gtr-stagea-4wd It was $190 ordered through the mechanic. We only replaced the side that was torn and left the other alone.
    • Most likely it's tuning related. That plenum is fine, moving to a Plazmaman you won't notice much of a difference. If you want supreme low down, better off with the stock intake manifold & plenum OR the Rajab top half. A Precision or Turbosmart 6262 is too big for what you want, and big boost with Tomei Valve springs also a fail. You can make 373kW on a stock motor with just head studs, sensible timing in the mid range and it will last for your intended purposes (won't last on the track for too long).
    • Stick the caliper in your vice with soft jaws, that way you can turn it upside down simply. I think the factory lines are 10x1mm but I'd just take the whole thing down to your local Pirtek/MSCN and get them to sort it out.
    • Hi Andy and welcome!  Got any pics of the customers cars you're talking about? 
    • Thanks for that Komdotkom Does anyone by chance know what the thread is on the end of the hard line of the GTST front brake system before it goes to the braided line - will need to get a fitting to put in there as you say. Could you do this with the caliper on the car? Just get the pistons all the way back with a spacer or even some clamps? Im running a 36mm disc and 18mm pads - the pistons are almost as far back as they can get but i think with some old pads and a wedge I can make sure. Just easier if the caliper is mounted to something.