SAU Community

Gtr Vs Gtst Huge Difference In Performance?

GTR owners pull harder then their cars! :blink:

It's a given GTR owners do pull harder..but..

Then their cars what Roy?

Disappear into the distance..

Do a silly dance, whats next for their cars...you can't just leave it hanging :)

Edited by madbung

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a given GTR owners do pull harder..but..

Then their cars what Roy?

Disappear into the distance..

Do a silly dance, whats next for their cars...you can't just leave it hanging :)

It needs nothing else. it encapsulates about 95% of gtr drivers. :blink:

LMFAO..

Troy....

RB30s are for folk who prefer roofies to romance

Roofies... well it don't last long but you do end up finishing earlier. :blink:

Romance.. no comment needed.

Looking forward to you heading over to SA for a track day all I need is a set of tyres and a better driver lol and I'm set. Would be cool to see what laptimes you could pull in mine.

Thats if you can handle the RB30 POWA!!! A little scared about it being a bit too much for you and crashing it but. *jk* :)

Ahem, GTR owners pull harder than their cars :) Sorry, internet forum and all. My English goes to sh1t : .... :devil:

Dont mind me, im just a pecker head with a small pecker driving a banged up shitter :blink:

GTRs are just cheap ass cars for thrashing

You might as well keep saving just a *little* bit longer and buy that half a million dollar F430 which looks better, is faster, is a Ferarri (not some ghey Nissan...), pulls more of teh babes etc...

Buying a GTR is really just wasting your time...

Lol.

Pull your fingers out everyone. GTRs aren't bad cars stock, nor are they unbeatable. They are EXACTLY the same as GTSTs in that they really shine once you start to modify them.

BOTH have a similar ability to punch above their weight division once you spend a little on them.

LMFAO..

Troy....

Roofies... well it don't last long but you do end up finishing earlier. :blink:

Romance.. no comment needed.

Looking forward to you heading over to SA for a track day all I need is a set of tyres and a better driver lol and I'm set. Would be cool to see what laptimes you could pull in mine.

Thats if you can handle the RB30 POWA!!! A little scared about it being a bit too much for you and crashing it but. *jk* :devil:

Yeh, so looking forward to end of this year when i get back to doing some track days. Its been too long. As for driving your car, not without a strict drug regime to sharpen my thoughts and reflexes :)

thanks guys for your opinion's! :wacko:

:/ From what ive read there is downsides to the GT-R as well as the GTS-T

GT-R You need very deep pockets just to keep on the road! but just about the only bad thing and maybe getting parts for as the arnt as common

as for the GTS-T performance wise it's nothing like the GT-R, Well when you think about it, it's a supercar! :P:)

Yes you can do the GTS-T to perform the same as the GT-R or even better!

But the only thing that would stop most GTS-T owner's from have purchased a GT-R instead is more importantly the MONEY but some of you might like the GTS-T better which is all up to opinon! :D

The only way you could pick is throw someone that has never driven both and see what they like and what they dont! :D

no doubt a GTR is better than a GTST.

I have a GTST with 270rwkw and its great fun to drive and particularly on the twisties control your in an out speeds has been some getting use to for me, but its intresting.

Launch is a bit gay...but I must stay the slip slide of the RWD on launch is fun...its not fun when u hit peak torque and loose traction in third...although I recently adjusted my camber setup for corner speed..

I would like to have a GTR...and I could if I wanted but now, but I have mine its a real handfull to drive, keeps me intrested and is quite fun...

My best run down the 1/4 was 12.5 but again launch could be better, but my terminal speed is constantly 116MPH....so it has some speed...its just the launch that holds it back from a low 12. We all know a stock GTR will neraly match this...few mods and eat it easily...

If u have the choice, GTR FTW IMO

khunjeng, what tyres/size are you running?

Mine had no issues getting power down when it was making 268rwkw in third or second with 225/50/16's as soon as I put the Toyo Proxes 4's on and dialed in around 12mm of cradle rake.

Prior I dropped on a mates neear new Nankang NS2 245/40/18's of which were shiet; they provided less grip than a set of cheapo 225/50/16 Federal 535's.

The Proxes 4's had 4x the amount of grip and pos 225's.

The cradle rake which is the most I can get in without having to increase the length of the front studs (not going to happen) has made a huge different to grip even with the old federals which used to let loose through third. But when they did the car would still accelerate instead of sitting on the spot.

Tyres + cradle rake FTW and it gets power down pretty damn well.

Once these Proxes 4 chew out I'll be looking at the RA1's or R1R's.

khunjeng, what tyres/size are you running?

Mine had no issues getting power down when it was making 268rwkw in third or second with 225/50/16's as soon as I put the Toyo Proxes 4's on and dialed in around 12mm of cradle rake.

Prior I dropped on a mates neear new Nankang NS2 245/40/18's of which were shiet; they provided less grip than a set of cheapo 225/50/16 Federal 535's.

The Proxes 4's had 4x the amount of grip and pos 225's.

The cradle rake which is the most I can get in without having to increase the length of the front studs (not going to happen) has made a huge different to grip even with the old federals which used to let loose through third. But when they did the car would still accelerate instead of sitting on the spot.

Tyres + cradle rake FTW and it gets power down pretty damn well.

Once these Proxes 4 chew out I'll be looking at the RA1's or R1R's.

yeah thanks Cubes...not farmiliar with cradle rake. my tyres are the issue, they are hankook 104s x 265s and are a bit old....more slip than before they have done a good 5 track days...not in great shape.

Been waiting to try some PROXES R1R

R33GTS25

i think everyone knows the gtr is better... but its more of what u want the car for... i love my gtr and it was fkn quick as, fun to drive but thats what i want atm

go back 3-4 years ago, and i bought an rx7 instead... gtr just wasnt for me back then.

gtr > gtst but i have seen some insane gtst's out there that will whoop a gtrs ass on the track :)

that said... the are a heap of gtrs that rule the track too... last time i hit the track, i went in my shitbox civic.. i owned all the gtsts and gtrs there that day.. does that mean the civic is the ultimate race car??? hell no... just means the other cars werent up to scratch.. big deal :D

Damn, this thread is still going.

It's as stupid as the old 32 vs 33 threads.

Horses for courses.

I would rather drive a rwd (even a pig with a 2way and a button clutch).

Personal preference, that's what everything is about. Unless you're some fool who wants to be part of teh "in" crowd.

...Unless you're some fool who wants to be part of teh "in" crowd...

With all due respect, who the f uck is the "in" crowd these days? IMO Australian's generally pick the underdog, so is the GTST is the Ozzi "in" crowd? lol

The majority of hipo car owners don't know wtf they want / need anyway. The threads an insight lol :D:)

Edited by GeeTR