SAU Community

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let u guys know that i spoke to an engineer today and his figures were different to the ones u got "ANDY32". Im also in brisbane the engineer told me:

For Turbo Engine Displacement Multiply the cars weight by "4"

Therefor for example an r33 GTR Weighing 1530kg's Could have a maximum displacement of 6120cc's

And for atmo the weight is multiplyed by a factor of "4.82"

Therefor for example an r33 GTR Weighing 1530kg's Could have a maximum displacement of 7374.6cc's

This he read out of a book while i was on the phone to him.

After a lengthy discussion my mechanic is researching the engine for me and i am almost definately going to go ahead with this conversion, and eventually after i have finacially recovered will add a "screw" type blower to it for some serious power.

im gonna do the VH45DE most likely, my parents both drive holden v8's and always have, so its just something about the sound of them that cant be beat. I REALLY wanted to put a GEN 3 LS1 in it but its too heavy and wouldnt be able to use force induction later down the track i also doubt it would fit but it was just always in the back of my mind.

THE ONLY COMMENT I CAN MAKE IS WHAT I WAS TOLD AFTER A LOT OF INQUIRING, OBVIOUSLY SOMEONE IS RIGHT AND SOMEONE IS WRONG IT DOESNT EFFECT ME AS MY CAR IS LEGAL UNDER THE STRICTER RULES BUT I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE ANYONE DOING IT TO CHECK OUT FOR THEMSELVES CAUSE THOSE FIGURES QUOTED SEEM VERY EXTREME .

NA I FORGOT TO COMMENT ON THE IDEA OF PUTTING A GEN.3 IN , MATE THEYRE HAVING MORE TROUBLE WITH THEM THAN A HOOKER WITH A CHASTITY BELT WITHOUT A KEY OR AN OXY ,HOLDEN ARE GETTING 300KW. OUT OF THEM ,THE Q45 WITH 6 BOLT MAINS AND FULL STUD GIRDLE AS A SEALED UNIT WITH ONLY EXTERNAL MODS TO EXHAUST ,INLET ,COMPUTER AND INJECTORS ARE GETTING OVER 1000KW. IN THE STATES,SO THE HOLDEN MOTOR OPTION WOULD BE OK TO PUT IN THE BOOT ON THE DYNO TO STOP THE Q45 FROM WALKING.

hahahaha, i dunno, if im not in my car im driving either of my parents cars, statesman or ss, both gen 3's i dunno, just thought it would be cool.

Yes my first reaction to the engineer was the same, i thought he was shitting me, either way when i do it it will still be legal, ur calculations or mine so it doesnt really matter, gotta get a few more dollars together first but hopefully ill have it done by the end of the year, early next.

Keep us updated ANDY32

Cheers

John

ahahaha forget the ls1, if i was you i would go the ls6 405bhp Stock :):(:) :) :D

nah but really ls1 will be too much $$$$, go for something like an LT4 or LT6 350chevy wit a Procharge blower u will make some nice hp figuers, but if u dont have alot of money, buy yourself a L98 and add a d-1 wit custum intercooler and u r looking at anywhere from 300 to 500rwhp :D :D

im just gonna stick with the VH45, problems with LS1's and similar is weight as much as id like one, and yes dollars are also an issue.

I can pick a VH45 up fairly cheap, What diff would u guys reckomend as mine wont handle the power, i have a read that a VG30DETT box bolts straight up to the VH45, just to know what diff to use.

I AM USING THE Q45 BOX AND DIFF AS I FEEL THE 3.6 RATIO WHEN YOU HAVE MEGA TORQUE WOULD BE FAR MORE USABLE AND STOP JUST GOING UP IN SMOKE ,ALTHOUGH IF I EVER GOT SERIOUS ABOUT DRAGS THE 4.1 OR4.4 WITH PROPER SLICKS AND NOT JUST SILVERSTONES WOULD BE THE GO,WAIT AND SEE ?

maybe those rules form just part of the overall reg's.

EG: a big 2000kg chev can have a 9/10L big block, but i doubt a GTR could have a 7L engine using the same multiplier. In Vic, other rules come into play such as increase in cylinders compared to std engine, etc

am trying to get tbar to fit in 32 console so i can finish rear gearbox mount then i can finalise engine mounts and then get tailshaft made then the extractors then the radiator as i have to modify the cap position lower which means putting an air bleeder at the highest position in water circuit then the fun of wiring so as i progress iwill let you know, wife is being very good to now ,but priorities are a moving target.

Cheers dude, im gonna go for a VG30DETT box as i gotta have a manual :P have u got any links or sites u know of that have worked VH45DE examples or places that sell tuning parts for them im having trouble finding any.

What sort of diff are u planning to use?

Cheers

John

the only piece missing is a good computer i have a standard one and am hoping to either get it modified or find one from japan ,the inlet i plan to match to head ports myself as i have done this to my previous cars ,the extractors will also be matched to ports because as you will see with both standard manifolds they are choking ,i will get exhausts made by a pro,with a decent computer i think it will make enough power to have some fun,i dont want it to loud just a dont f..k with me growl,i plan to run the q45 diff 3.6 and limited slip should make a good package.

Andy32, may i suggest u get "forged pistons", also if you are looking for alittle of power, look around for stoker kit as a few extra c.i. = more power*

*more power are a cost and it doesn't always mean u will get more power depending on the setup.*

Just off-topic abit; did u say that u cant put a 5.7L v8 into a r_32 cuz of the road rules? Also if i could get myself a R_32 or even r R_33 wit no engine i would make it into a v8 turbo or sc spec demon :uh-huh: