SAU Community

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS I have said before match porting inlet manifold and maybe bigger injectors,extractors and apexi muffler and 4inch exhaust ,computer with a good cold air induction should do it ,with the info I have got from the states where the infinity race series are getting 1000+hp from head and sump on factory sealed motors std. cams etc. these sorts of figures are very achieveable maybe more ?

As far as i know the 300 is fully street regoed and is not race/rally.

It was complied buy the Australian importer who told the guy that he was importing something bigger and better ???? When the guy bought the car I started to make enquires myself because wanted one. This was mainly because he purchased the car for $23 grand(yes i know i fell off my stool as well) this was about two and a half years ago. You can not imagine the amount of "Never heard of it" and "Dosent exist" responses i got . Very frustrating cause i know the car exists. The owner is very gun shy when it comes to seeing the car. A short while ago I had some dealings with the owner of Unique motor sports and learn that he was trying to fit the V8 engine into his track car and turbo charge it. When i mentioned to him about the street 300 he nearly fell over himself trying to get the guys details. Eventaly through a friend i managed to get the owner to call the owner of Unique so they could possibly exchange info. Unfortunatly the owner of Unique pushed the guy a little to hard for a meeting and was told to f off by the cars owner. And thats the last ive heard of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious, but why don't you guys just go out and buy V8 Soarers, or Holdens/Fords if you love your v8's so much?

Or does it just go to show that the bogan community has finally broken down our gates and the boofhead "my engine is bigger" mentality is reining amongst import lovers because all of you have sold your old commodores and bought skylines instead?

I remember a few years ago Skylines had class.. they where like graceful daemons roaming the roads. Now every bogan has sold his cortina, falcadore and gone and bought an import.

Or is this just a commitment made by those of you who own skyline GTST's? Wouldnt you just get a GTR instead?

Why do you want to introduce foreign hardware into your beautiful nissans?

Not flaming, just amazed at the amount of positive enthusiasm towards the v8 donk.

I thought v6 turbo boys where always meant to be against the v8 crowd?

Well the V8 most people are considering here is hardly foreign hardware, its the VH41DE and VH45DE both all alloy japanese motors which produce an instant 300 or so horsies.

These engines can be sourced VERY cheaply because theres not a great demand for them in Australia having only been sold in a limited number of Q45 barges. So theyd make a cheap replacement motor for anyone whos blown up their RB. Tried getting an RB26 for under 2 grand?

The VH series motor is a long long long way ahead of the old pushrod crapboxes of old so its not that much of a leap to adopt one in a japanese sports car (and it doesnt burn oil and rattle like the new holden V8's either). It would provide fantastic tractable power with plenty of torque.

Besides, its something different, a bit unique. Nothing wrong with that. This is probably why its generated such interest.

Your final line intrigues me, are the V6 turbo boys against the v8 boys? Who knows, go ask some V6 turbo boys. We all drive straight sixes.

Red17

Ahhh,

Thanks for the clarification. The chevy engine was mentioned.. and well.. I just think putting anything chevy related into a japanese purebred like a Skyline is just plain wrong. :(

Yeah, 'v6' was a typo, after typing v8 a few times. What I should have written was '6cyl' turbo.. You know what I meant.

I suppose your right, if you can source a tight little jap v8 engine that is far cheaper.. it DOES sound like an interesting project. Keep it all Nissan (VH41-DE, VH45-DE...) and it's not so bad after all. :)

But a chev donk..?

I find it funny that so many people believe that the Gen IIIs are crap. It's mostly cause idiots don't warm their cars up before they go driving, often hitting redline on a stone-cold engine. D'oh!

This is one cool thread. I actually had a Lexus V8-powered UC Torana that was hooked up to a Supra 5spd and independant rear end. And no, I'm not a bogan. I like Skylines but it was a chance to do something different, the only problems were:

The old guy who sold me his Torana rang me and told me what a prick i was for "bastardising his lovely car and turning it into a hotrod"

The car was still a Torana and still ugly as sin. :rolleyes:

That's awesome. I must admit, there is a great conversion for the mx-5 where you drop that same Lexus V8 into it.

After you buy an mx-5 and spend the 20 grand you have a very light, rwd convertable sports car.. that will do 11 seconds :D

Youi can all call me a hypocrite now. :(