SAU Community

V Series Gallery

Looks mint, any mods planned?

Thanks mkn. At this stage not really, probably have cruise fitted, get the nav conversion to english maybe a full cat back exhaust but im actually really enjoying the car the way it is!

Look great! Love the V36's in silver; they look so good!

Thanks GFXman yes the silver looks great and has some nice metallic it was either this one or a white that o was going to get :)

Your car is looking amazing in those shots Julian - love it!

I NEED to see it in person soon though *hint hint*

My god... My car is going to look like this! Super excited, counting down the days! :woot:

Lovely, lovely PV36 Julian :yes:

Edited by Sikahalv

• 2 weeks later...

Another Adelaide boy.

Got my '03 GT about 4 weeks ago.

Loving it.

I had the front windows tinted to match the privacy glass.

Fitted 285/19/30 and 245/19/35.

Im happy to chat with any locals who are interested in sharing their secrets.

Im a complete newbie regarding the GTR.

My last grey import was a TT Soarer, that unceremoniously ended its days at Mallala!

That was back in about '04.

Remember there is NO INSURANCE on the track...

post-140130-0-90955900-1432116950_thumb.jpg

post-140130-0-79685600-1432117009_thumb.jpg

post-140130-0-67991000-1432117065_thumb.jpg

post-140130-0-76223000-1432117450_thumb.jpg

post-140130-0-05460700-1432117482_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ommadawn
  • Like 1

Dude... that Soarer O_o.

Didn't think it was possible to get that much damage at Mallala; there isn't that much to hit LOL What happened?

Grats on the V35; looks great :) Good to see another Adelaidian!

• Like 1

I dont want to talk about it...

However.

'Twas a track day for the ALSC (Australian Lexus Soarer Club)

I had been there on about 3 other occasions, so was sort of experienced at track work. (I thought...)

We usually picked a practice day. Turn up with $85 and a helmet and it was ON!

Usual format was 15 minute session, followed by 15 mins bikes, 15 mins karts, 15 mins open wheeler then 15 mins cars again.

Would get about 3-4 sessions in a day.

Mallala is VERY hard on tyres and brakes. Its all Go real fast then almost stop to corner then go real fast again.

I was on the back straight (which has a bit of a dogleg in it) doing about 170Kmh. I was just entering the slight RH dogleg when I saw a Boxter wanting to pass, so I moved left slightly and waved him through.

Just a bit too far, got 2 wheels off the track and it went off line sideways, then back onto the track sideways......flicked the other way and spun out across about 100m of grass into the wall.

I walked away with a sore back.

Soarers are damned tough.

post-140130-0-87845800-1432121834_thumb.jpg

Damn that sucks. The main thing is you walked away :)

Luckily I haven't had any dramas like that in my little MR2; just a few spins on turn 1 getting a bit over enthusiastic haha

What sort of times were you putting down in the Soarer?

Yes, good to see another forum member with a V35 in Adelaide :) Welcome.

I have had my 35 out at Lala a couple of times - best time in it was 1:26 with windows down, music blaring and a/c on - it was a hot day! Followed up with some decent single pegger doughnuts on the burnout pad at the end of the day too :ninja:

My first time out there in the 35 I was being trained by Terry Bowe (John Bowe's brother) on a Bowe Drive Day. Terry put the 35 off the end of the straight/hairpin when the brakes failed due to being too hot (stock auto brakes with crappy fluid)- was not my ideal way to be in the passenger seat of my own car when I had only had it for 3 weeks. Bought some 350Z Brembos with Stoptech 2 piece floating rotors and Project Mu pads saw a fix to that scenario.

Best time in the Soarer was 1:30.3

It was a heavy car. Only changes were braided brake lines, Dot6 fluid, drilled slotted discs, greenstuff pads, soft compound tyres, shift kit, lowered 25mm and fluffy dice.

Its is an easy place to run out of brakes.

I just run out of talent....

• Like 1

Car looks great :)

Hah, you have the same wind deflectors I had. Recently took them off and plastidipped the chrome trim. Liking the look.

You will soon learn to hate black... don't think I'll get another black car again.. its always dirty :(

Car looks great :)

Hah, you have the same wind deflectors I had. Recently took them off and plastidipped the chrome trim. Liking the look.

You will soon learn to hate black... don't think I'll get another black car again.. its always dirty :(

The factory optional wind deflectors are rare, and I like them!

I'd love to see your plastidipped ones Julian.

PS: I've spent the past 3 months emotionally preparing myself for the never-ending dustiness that comes with owning a Black car.

I think I'm ready now.