SAU Community

V Series Gallery

• 2 weeks later...

Having read your blog. Welcome to the slammed family with your BC coilovers. How are speed bumps feeling? :no: I'm really struggling. Have to pass them very slowly and sort of diagonal way. Some of them cause ugly scratchings especially ones at the Tea Tree Plaza parking.

• Like 1

Having read your blog. Welcome to the slammed family with your BC coilovers. How are speed bumps feeling? :no: I'm really struggling. Have to pass them very slowly and sort of diagonal way. Some of them cause ugly scratchings especially ones at the Tea Tree Plaza parking.

Cheers for reading my blog MDCAT, believe it or not - I actually didn't realise my V36 was lowered until it arrived at compliance and even then when I was looking at it... I thought it looked odd (as in, my car looked 'too good' stock, or so I thought hehe) and it was only then when my compliancer showed me, that I realised... "how cool is this" :D

PS: My compliancer later corrected himself (after the blog post, and once he had completed compliance on my V36 Skyline - It actually has Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Adjustable Coilover Suspension.

In regards to the ride, it's great! Handles well, firm - yet soft and absorbing of all bumps on the road. I still am aware of spoon drains / road humps / driveways... but even lowered (adjusted at compliance a little higher to ensure legality) my car has no clearance issues - and I'm super comfortable driving - already drove for 2 hours straight around Adelaide - no issues!

I have new tyres lined up (Achilles ATR Sport 2) and I'm getting a service and wheel balance as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing the difference that makes.

Edited by Sikahalv

Yeah. I have no big issues with my car lowered. Handling is sharp and still soft. But be aware that it is a deceiving feeling. I realized that first when scratched at passing a pretty wide speed bump. Just bought a couple of wrenches but have now time to lift her up a bit.

Edited by MDCAT
  • Like 1

You are lucky that the compliance workshop had some oem spring/shocks to chuck in it for compliance! When I brought my old R34 4 door in around 10 years ago (when they were quite rare) I couldn't find some stock 4 door suspension (nor a stock exhaust) for some 6 months. So it had to sit in my backyard waiting on those parts before I could send it to compliance (which was here in Adelaide luckily)!

• Like 1

You are lucky that the compliance workshop had some oem spring/shocks to chuck in it for compliance! When I brought my old R34 4 door in around 10 years ago (when they were quite rare) I couldn't find some stock 4 door suspension (nor a stock exhaust) for some 6 months. So it had to sit in my backyard waiting on those parts before I could send it to compliance (which was here in Adelaide luckily)!

No. Kidding. I know!

Very lucky :yes:

PS: Created a new post for a Vxx Series Meet in Adelaide :whistling:

Edited by Sikahalv

Goran is a good bloke.When I brought mine I was nearly about to buy OEMs from American G37 but Goran saved the day. Hi stashed those OEMs he used on mine for the future v36 being brought in Adelaide.

Edited by MDCAT
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice.

Dang it I have been looking at that one for a while and the price was exceptional ... I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet. I was hoping it would still be sitting around later in the year, but knew it would sell at that price. Nice buy

• Like 1

Nice.

Dang it I have been looking at that one for a while and the price was exceptional ... I just wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet. I was hoping it would still be sitting around later in the year, but knew it would sell at that price. Nice buy

...but Andrew... your V35 is stunning! Why......

It's done 162k kms now mate - still as reliable as ever and goes like clockwork, but I use it daily for work and can't ever afford to have it off the road. I am just a tiny bit concerned that into the future it may need more maintenance etc and cause me problems. That said, there is nothing to indicate any faults - it still runs like the day I got it nearly 6 years ago with 48k on the clock!

Then every time I start to get a bit bored of it and think of changing over I will have someone come up to me at a servo or out the front of their house at a valuation and gush over how much they love it - that sort of reminds me that I still love her and that I am not done with her yet :)

• Like 1

It's done 162k kms now mate - still as reliable as ever and goes like clockwork, but I use it daily for work and can't ever afford to have it off the road. I am just a tiny bit concerned that into the future it may need more maintenance etc and cause me problems. That said, there is nothing to indicate any faults - it still runs like the day I got it nearly 6 years ago with 48k on the clock!

Then every time I start to get a bit bored of it and think of changing over I will have someone come up to me at a servo or out the front of their house at a valuation and gush over how much they love it - that sort of reminds me that I still love her and that I am not done with her yet :)

Imagine what they'd say if you owned my 50th Anniversary Limited Edition PV36 ;)

Absolutely no offense meant mate, but if I had a V36 sedan they would likely not batt an eyelid at it, as everyone thinks they are fwd Maximas :) .... one of the reasons I have resisted going sedan - imho they just look too pedestrian for me. :whistling:

But seriously, does it get a lot of attention?

It's a bit like why I could never own a Toyota Mark X (even though I like them a lot) - your average Joe Blow just thinks they are Camrys, and I couldn't deal with that :)