SAU Community

Stagea Head Lights

hectic180

Since i have imported my 2000 rs4 (approx 9months) the head lights have been extreamly poor. Car arrived with 10000k hid's which i have recently changed to 4300k. Much much better although i am finding they adjustment is out. There are 2 adjustments on the lights and i find one moves the beam up and down. the other im not sure. When i more the beam up and down i hear what sounds like an electronic motor move at the same time.

Anyone had experiece adjusting these lights ?

Cheers

Justin

to the right of the steering wheel column, on the dash under the guage cluster. (next to the ignition)

its a dial thing with a picture of a 'light' with numbers above....

its dark atm so i dont have a pic

Edited by Silhouette31

duz any one have the button next to this? i do its a little windscreen with a light on it ? ive never known what it does???

I have not seen it but some one the other day mention that they have a "Winter Edition" which included a heated front windscreen. Is it possible for that?

Cheers

Andy

I have not seen it but some one the other day mention that they have a "Winter Edition" which included a heated front windscreen. Is it possible for that?

Cheers

Andy

Hi,now that I see this question...next to the switch for the lights possition ,I have another switch with the image of the windscreen?never had a clue what is it for...until now ,so it could be t heat the windscreen?not having manuals is driving me crazy... :P

That button could possibly be for lowering the headlights beam during towing. Some cars have the function that lowers the angle of the beam so that when the arse end is pulled down from the weight of towing you can lower the level of your headlight beam so as not to affect oncoming cars. Just a thought. (Not to sure)

my manual has a picture of that button and a picture of a dotted line accross the bottom and up the drivers side of the windscreen . i also have the switch in my car . havent had time to figure out exactly what it does /how it works . mind you i have treated my windows to scott goggle cleaner/anti fog . fark it is mint . windows are crystal clear and wont fog up even if you breath right on it

the light adjustments is for teh angle ..as everyone has been saying .. the motor sounds is there motors moving ... park behind a car at night with your lights on .. stay a few car back tho and adjust 1 level and a time .. u will notice it ... and i have the windscreen thing too .. i thort it was auto washer ... nearly hit a parked car trying it out lol ... so i guess its not for auto washer .. im getting my manual in maybe 1week or 2 from www.jpnz.co.nz hopfully its in there ... if its heated screen wicked ...!

That button could possibly be for lowering the headlights beam during towing. Some cars have the function that lowers the angle of the beam so that when the arse end is pulled down from the weight of towing you can lower the level of your headlight beam so as not to affect oncoming cars. Just a thought. (Not to sure)

stagea's didn't come from the factory with a towing option. as some of the others have said, i have herd of a winter option pack which included heated windscreen wipers, to make it easier to clear the snow and frost away i guess. the button beside the headlight adjustment could be for this?

ahh nice i have this ..... this might save me some time going back inside to get the kettle on those days i take it to work. damn 530am morning's!

wasn't sure if you were joking but I thought I'd follow this up with a warning for anyone who thought pouring boiling water on a frozen windscreen is a good idea.

If you were to pour boiling water on a very cold windscreen, your next problem could be sourcing a completely new windscreen and finding a way to clean all of the cracked bits of glass off your dash and in your air vents etc...

Fortunately I haven't done this but I have heard of it happening 1st hand from several people who have...

I'm sure they all thought AFTERWARDS about how silly an idea it was...but yeah - just a warning to all - if you're gonna pour water on your windscreen to defrost it etc, make sure its COLD WATER or at least only very slightly warm :D

Maybe newer windscreens are stronger these days, but I'm still not willing to chance it...