SAU Community

Stolen Vehicles!

116.hks

a message to people who own rare, collector or just have a vehicle that is their pride and joy. for the people that didn't watch the news tonight, there was a guy on there, who i use to deal with through work, had 2 vehicles stolen from him from his place. one was a genuine ht gts monaro and the other was a brougham. ( think thats how you spell it ). this is not the first time i've heard of it happenning. another instant was an genuine xy gt falcon. the guy was at a show down the coast, got home, went to work the next day, came home and his car was gone. i would hate it to happen to anyone else, as being a car enthusioust, just be careful when showing ya car at the next car show and take note if someone is very interested in what you have, cause either you could be nexted or someone you know could be. i know these cars are different to what we own, but they are sort after vehicles.

cheers guys.

a message to people who own rare, collector or just have a vehicle that is their pride and joy. for the people that didn't watch the news tonight, there was a guy on there, who i use to deal with through work, had 2 vehicles stolen from him from his place. one was a genuine ht gts monaro and the other was a brougham. ( think thats how you spell it ). this is not the first time i've heard of it happenning. another instant was an genuine xy gt falcon. the guy was at a show down the coast, got home, went to work the next day, came home and his car was gone. i would hate it to happen to anyone else, as being a car enthusioust, just be careful when showing ya car at the next car show and take note if someone is very interested in what you have, cause either you could be nexted or someone you know could be. i know these cars are different to what we own, but they are sort after vehicles.

cheers guys.

funny u say that my last ride got stolen n stripped 4 parts then torched n not long a go we had some one driving up n down my street which is a dead end street just susing out my new ride im doing up n my neighbours car . one day he actually stopped n went up my neighbours drive way n had a look at his car then went a knocked on his door and asked if my neighbour wanted to sell his car . my neighbour told him to get fu*ked in a nice way and he kept coming down our street every nite still till we told the cops n reported in his number plates then he stopped coming around

some cars can't be replaced unfortunately... and no amount of insurance will bring it back. Try an R34 Z Tune for example... or an R32 GT-B... or an R33 LM GTR... To anyone else they'd look like run of the mill skylines, but to the owners they're one in 100 made etc.

The only thing worse than stolen is destroyed beyond any possible repair. A bloke I know had a genuine HG Monaro 2 door, and stored it in a shipping container on his property while he went to overseas for business. He figured it would be safe in the container as it was bolted up with multiple locks and then tec screwed shut for good measure. Came home after two months holiday to find that his shed and the shipping container parked next to it just about burned to the ground and the fire brigade worked out that it was arson.

He had insurance of course but still... Seeing the f*sked wreck and knowing it will never live again would destroy you.

My dad owned an origional GTHO Falcon worth upwards from 150k got stollen 4 or so years back... lots of slack people out there, but what goes around comes around.

lol, im sorry about the car, but jsut seems stupid that a falcon can be worth that

happend to my brothers walkinshaw. stolen, stripped, and left in the bush. just after he bought it, and didnt have insurance yet. ps. cops in qld are useless. we found the service station of where the car was fueld up, viewd the tape confirmed the car. rang the cops to pick it up. they didnt pick it up in time for the deadline (which was 3 days in advance), and the fuel station taped over it. GW QLD PF.

it's just a car.

all of them

even the rare ones..

they are just cars.

yeah i know there just cars dude, but when you thick of it, how would you feel if your car was stolen. to be honest i'd hunt the f**ker down and kill him (just my view only). i'm very passionate bout my cars and other peoples cars especially collectors and me skylines. another customer of mine had his car stolen from a paint shop. it was a genuine vn group a ss. it had just finished getting a fresh paint job and was put in the back of the shed with other cars jammed in behind it. they moved every single car out of the way, jumped in and drove of. don't know what happened after that, but the car has not be seen or recovered. i feel sorry for the people who have had their cars stolen, you could say its like losing a family member. cheers for the reponses guys. :P

Each to there own, but i agree id hunt the f**kers down, im lucky i didnt catch the ignorant jealous little f**ks that keyed my 35 or i would be in jail. Wether its building, modifying, restoring or simply driving, u put some of yourself into your cars and they all have different personalities.

My 2c

True..

I've never had anything decent..

like your rare '93 HCR32 & '93 Nova

I've had a non insured car stolen before.

$16K worth of S14.

My stupid mistake for thinking no-one would want a stock series 1 S14.

I learnt from that.

so everything is insured.

But it's true.. I guess i don't care for cars as much as I used to.

it's just a car now.

gets washed occasionally, gets fuel and gets serviced.

If it gets stolen, it will save me the hassle of going through trying to sell an R33 gtst.

That's going to be fun soon enough I guess.

iadore4door34s - I asume you have a rare 4 door R34 now? no doubt with the rare glorified auto? or are you in to just dreaming about them?

sorry dude. didn't realise you had a vehicle stolen before. i suppose after a while you would get the shits and not care bout much. why bother put ya heart and soul into ya pride and joy and have it destroyed or stolen by some wanker. understandable.

• 4 weeks later...

There should be a mandantory death setence for car thieves..

better still, open season on them..a kind of civil service.

Maybe Cpt. A. Blythe could come up with something, licensing..quota's..on the spot penality's.

Anyone know of an insurance company that would payout more than $8k current market value on a R33 that's had over $25k sunk into it?? Insurance..must be joking!