SAU Community

Spliced Wiring Loom At Rear. What Is It For?

SSStagea

Hi all, removed my floor panels in the boot of my RS4S today to run wires for an amp and found that there has been at some time a wire spliced into the loom that heads towards the drivers side rear of the car near where the fluid bottle is. The wire it is spliced into is Red with a thin black stripe along it. I have added a couple of pics at the bottom showing where it is.

Another couple of quick questions. Anyone know the part number for the badge that sits in the bottom corner of the front grille. My grille has been replaced at some time and it never had the badge replaced.

Also, anyone know how easy it is to remove the back seats? I want to run my amp wiring under there and also see if it needs cleaning underneath while I am at it.

Pics...

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

Grab a test light or multimetre, see if you've got constant battery on it, or ignition/acc power, brake/tail/indicator power etc. And rear windscreen wiper if you have it. What else electrical can be in the rear of a stag? The automatic tailgate closing motor, if yours is fitted with that also I guess. Can't think of anything else. Run through it all.

Usually all you'd be splicing into the rear harnesses for is trailer plug, tail light mods etc. Anything else you'd just splice into the harness toward the front of the car. Id say someones picked up a power down there for something previously in the back.

But if it's not in use, just open the scotch lock up and rip it out, tightly wrap a layer of electrical tape around where the scotch lock was contacting the copper so it doesn't corrode.

Let me know what u find =]

Edited by Mouseness

Just a point on the back seats...

I found them dead easy to remove; the bottom of the back seat has 2 x 12mm bolts holding it in, at the bottom at the front, they go through the carpet. One on each end of the seat near the door. Then the back seat u can just fold up or down, shouldn't need to remove it. There is a plastic cable tray running under the rear seat and up and under the back, right in the middle which you should be able to take advantage of , I did :)