SAU Community

If You Could... Porsche Or Gtr

N/A®

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can have this for 150k....02 GT2 track....shats all over a 35GTR for the same amount of coin...it has about 150k of mods

Ive been in this and a stock 35GTR...this is much quicker

post-12441-1229988092_thumb.jpg

Edited by gtr660hp

I'd personally take the r35. Not a big fan of European cars. All the way from electricals to cars i like Japanese.

People always say european cars are so much better built but from my experience thats not the case. My uncles got a BMW fwd and a nissan 4wd and hes driven the BMW only acouple of times because its always having problems and it's always in the repair station. My brothers Saab had a accident from behind and all it's seat belts, computers just went. Let's say your porches does take more redlines and crap, it's gana give in one day and when it does haha good luck fixing it. Part for euro cars are so0o0o expansive you'll wish you had the gtr and it broke down every week:P they are very over rated.

I also have a lot of respect for nissan and other Japanese car manufacturers for trying to make performance cars available to a larger population of people not just the extremely rich. Japans come such a long way and they'll still keep on getting better.

I feel r35 gtr is a lot more modest aswell which i really like.

Oh and the only times i see gt2 and gt3 porches on the street is on weekends and public holidays cause theyre not a very good get around car. I have a feeling r35 will be a lot more comfertable to drive as a daily driver.

I personally love r34 GTR and all other GTR's, and not because i wont be able afford any better but because i genuine really respect and think highly of them.

I'm not being too fair on Porche. But you guys werent being too fair on Nissan ither:P

If i could ever find one of these z-tunes i'd take it over a gt3 any day!:laugh:

grey-r34-gtr-nur-ztune-kit.jpg

Do track days in it :santa:

Something doesn't need to be the quickest to be the most enjoyable. I don't like computer controlled cars as much as I do raw cars with the option of turning off all electronics.

A '73 RS would be a lot slower than any of the cars mentioned on the track, but I'd take one over near on anything given the chance.

Could not have said it any better myself. The R35 shape has grown on me but its not pretty. It is functional. If paying that sort of money i want something more then functional....even if it is crazy fun. For me a car that you can get in and drive at 9/10s almsot from day one will get boring or reaching for your wallet very quickly.

Right now i can get the idea of a Lotus Elise/Exige (NA) with a turbo kit out of my head. That shows the sort of cars i like as versatile street /track cars. 900kg 1.8L fuel economy and tyre conservation all whilst having a ball at the track driving the thing and being respectfully quick

I felt GTR would have more fans than this. Do you guys reckon it will end up selling successfully?

Hope so, from all reports it is a brilliant car. But I've wondered for a long time what market segment it is aimed at, perhaps its more a car for the US market.

I'd prefer a car like the new 370ZX but turbocharged, for doing sprints/time attack stuff, which is what I do now in an old Z car. Porsches are way overpriced and I think often its more about 'hey look at me I can afford this car' than anything else, its just a pity that some Jap manufacturer has not built a similar type of car but with the engine in the right place. They already have suitable engines.....

Hope so, from all reports it is a brilliant car. But I've wondered for a long time what market segment it is aimed at, perhaps its more a car for the US market.

I'd prefer a car like the new 370ZX but turbocharged, for doing sprints/time attack stuff, which is what I do now in an old Z car. Porsches are way overpriced and I think often its more about 'hey look at me I can afford this car' than anything else, its just a pity that some Jap manufacturer has not built a similar type of car but with the engine in the right place. They already have suitable engines.....

I guess 370z is better in the sense that it'll be cheaper so more convenient for racing but you'll get better lap times in the GTR:)

For now, the Porsche is the way. Prob will be next car also (boxster, as others way more expensive), unless I decide to go for an updated V35. If discarding the budget, GT3 would be above R35 on my list, even though more expensive. When R35 comes to Aus, I'll rethink it. So far, the fact that I can't read jap and half of the features don't work on my screen turns me off.

I guess 370z is better in the sense that it'll be cheaper so more convenient for racing but you'll get better lap times in the GTR:)

I wasn't thinking of the 370Z as being cheaper/more convenient, my preferance is for RWD and developing a car with potential for better performance. Anyone can walk into a showroom and buy lap times. But if that was the objective a GT-R could kick lots of P car arse, as they have done for years, eg http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results..../2008.MOUN.S4.Y :)

Going by this thread there are lots of wannabe PP's around though, the myth lives on :banana:

Edited by 260DET