SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

Cheers for that Elite, Its pretty responsive considering the power its making and the boost its making it at, is Noels boost curve any more responsive?

Jarrod

Yes it was a little more responsive. Noel also doesn't have VCT but same engine spec basically + E85. He was making 20psi by about 3900 but with the car having dump pipe issues and not being able to control it, we've had to slow it down a little.

Once it's finished it should be more responsive than that graph up above

540rwhp at only 17psi is insane!

It's more insane how early it comes on. We are loving this new turbo. I'm putting one on pretty much everything that wants to make near 500hp. They are a lot bigger in size but just as responsive as the 35R and edit: a lot more responsive than a Z. Win win if you ask me

Anyone putting one on a stock stroke RB26 yet?

Dan fitted one to strike3r's 26 mike. replaced a to4z. They seem pretty happy with it but hopefully Dan will read this and give you the guff.

Anyone putting one on a stock stroke RB26 yet?

Yeah Gervase's (Strik3r) R33GTR has one.

On the dyno sheet I have for him here, he was making 1 bar at 105km/hr in 4th

Don't know the rpm though. I think is was somewhere around 3900-4000. He has a big port tomei cam head. Standard bore and stroke. Picked up about 400rpm response as opposed to the T04Z....and made a little more hp

540rwhp at only 17psi is insane!

because of the headwork there is less restriction hence 17psi is probably comparable to a bit more on a motor with a stock head.

kind of like how 5psi on a huge v8 is a big difference to a puny rb20

Edited by Rolls

because of the headwork there is less restriction hence 17psi is probably comparable to a bit more on a motor with a stock head.

kind of like how 5psi on a huge v8 is a big difference to a puny rb20

Aside from pretty much a de-dag on Noels ports, the only difference is his cams at 260 x 10.25. Even the valves are standard size

What turbo are we talking about...? Is it one of the new garretts..?

Has anyone tried the new GTX4202R yet..?

There are folks in the US who have on Supras and Hondas that I have seen with gains over normal GT4202Rs. I know someone who is in the process of putting together a twin GTX4508R setup, though thats just silly.

They're on about the 3788. Seems like a nice turb. came out about a year ago i think

They've been around for at least a couple of years but really mainly used in the diesel world.

There are folks in the US who have on Supras and Hondas that I have seen with gains over normal GT4202Rs. I know someone who is in the process of putting together a twin GTX4508R setup, though thats just silly.

is it some 8L v8 or something?

Nah - its on a Nissan engine ;)

p1060684k.jpg

looks like 2 rb's to make a v12 (similar to 2 v8s which makes the bugatti w16) LOL

those turbo's will keep the rear tubs warm, no need for tyre warmers