SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

We are looking into an rpm box for you guys.

Being realistic, How much difference do you think you would see on a Rb 26 with aftermarket turbos, say 2530's?

Being realistic, How much difference do you think you would see on a Rb 26 with aftermarket turbos, say 2530's?

If its anything like VCT on/off difference on a 25, then there are certainly benefits, but as with all its cost... Which certainly sounds reasonable too :D

3lt + vct... mmm let the fun continue.

We are looking into an rpm box for you guys.

have you thought about adjustable intake and exhaust? or just intake?

i assume if you did an adjustable exhaust you would require a crank trigger for timing and a computer to support it though.

Crank triggers are available easily enough from a Sydney shop, they're almost done with a version 2 which is direct plug and play for power fc. Version 1 worked well but like anything they found where improvements could be made

If its anything like VCT on/off difference on a 25, then there are certainly benefits, but as with all its cost... Which certainly sounds reasonable too :D

3lt + vct... mmm let the fun continue.

I can think of a certain setup it would be good on!

Huge difference. Up to 1000rpm better boost response and an extra 40 odd HP through the entire midrange

have you thought about adjustable intake and exhaust? or just intake?

i assume if you did an adjustable exhaust you would require a crank trigger for timing and a computer to support it though.

You cannot really do two due to the way it is activated and you are only increasing/decreasing overlap so having both going is pointless.

meh, the 30 is always going to make more power sub 5,000 rpm but 5,000-8,000 I reckon the 26 will make at least as much. when you're up it there's not much time spent sub 4,500 or even sub 5,000 in a GTR. if it's a track car and you take the 26 to 9,000 (which is easily done with just some valve springs really) then see how the 2 compare.

don't get me wrong. I like the 30s and they have their place. for certain applications they are better than a 26. but not in ALL applications. both engines have their ups and downs.

don't forget as well daniels engine is a fairly basic 26 build. pretty much blueprinted, N1 type engine with mild cams. I'm sure with headwork etc it could probably make even more. but shit who really needs more than 400kw atw????? it's a road car after all and a fking nice one at that. it's not just the 400kw, it's the fact it's a 1 owner since new Nur, low kms, immaculate body and interior, and all the nice bits like big Alcons front and rear, hand made midori titanium exhaust and on and on the list goes. *sigh. such a nice GTR.

we saw that comparo with rockabilly's rb30 which had 100hp more than his mates rb26 on that track yet the 26 was pulling away on the straight.

in regards to VCT - reason its not that popular (although making a lot more headway after talking to paul diemar) always comes down to bang for buck!

Crank trigger, E85, -5's, stroker and VCT. The starter motor is almost going to bring these babies on song!

HKS has a exhaust version of their Vcam. Have not seen it for sale yet. Yes it would be an improvement but would it be the significant gain like we see with the inlet?

You cannot really do two due to the way it is activated and you are only increasing/decreasing overlap so having both going is pointless.

BMW must have seen benefits to controlling both cams as they changed from single to dual vanos with the s54.