SAU Community

M35 Manual Conversion?

zei20l

what model/year navara??

and does a VQ40DE have the same bolt pattern at the back of the engine.

do they have constant AWD or is it atessa?

also factor in the price of interior trim to suit the new handbrake location, plus the pedal box from a Z33/V35. i guess only the clutch is needed + master and slave cylinders and relevant lines (braided would be easy) and installation of said items. there MIGHT not be a hole in the firewall where the clutch master would sit.

better pics of the xfer case on the m35 auto? It looks like a very good match to the R32/33/34 4wd setup. does someone have a 32/33/34 intermediate shaft they can stick into an m35 xfer case?

I tend to think the 32/33/34 box is the way to go, the interfaces are flywheel/clutch/input shaft (do-able), tailshaft (do-able) and intermediate shaft (do-able). I'd be surprised if the d22 navara stuff fits, they would have a very different front diff setup

better pics of the xfer case on the m35 auto? It looks like a very good match to the R32/33/34 4wd setup. does someone have a 32/33/34 intermediate shaft they can stick into an m35 xfer case?

I tend to think the 32/33/34 box is the way to go, the interfaces are flywheel/clutch/input shaft (do-able), tailshaft (do-able) and intermediate shaft (do-able). I'd be surprised if the d22 navara stuff fits, they would have a very different front diff setup

You make a good point Duncan....might have to climb under one and check it out.

The R32/33/34 is pretty do able....only hold up is the bell housing....hence the reasoning behind the Navara scenario.

Leave it Auto, get a valve body upgrade from the states for 180usd, do whatever else needs doing in the auto and get that computer shit going and change the shift times if its possible.

how is that computer tune business going at sas? or wherever it is at now..

Leave it Auto, get a valve body upgrade from the states for 180usd, do whatever else needs doing in the auto and get that computer shit going and change the shift times if its possible.

how is that computer tune business going at sas? or wherever it is at now..

I already have a built box, still cant handle the power I want to run through it.

The ecu remap wont speed up the shifts, they happen instantly with the valve body upgrade, the issue is the throttle which closes during shifts and wont reopen for a bit, even though its in gear. If the SAS remap fixes that, a lot of people will be happy, im going Japanese reflash when I find a spare ecu.

ahhhh is THAT what it is??

i assumed it was the shift reaction speed built into the ECU for the gearbox, i had no idea ithe throttle was limited between shifts also! fark!

Not all the time, just seems to be on initial application of throttle. If I boot it, at any speed, it takes a while to power on but once it is, shifts are instant and hard. Note that this only seems to happen under 3000 revs.

The damn ecu throttle lag I have been complaining about guys, it isnt that noticeable when stock as it gives a nice acceleration curve, but once powered up its a pain in the arse. Somebody lend me an ecu to send over, please? :)

I notice the throttle lag on the stock car i have.. its kinda annoying really as when you want to boot it. you have to think ahead of everything to do it..

The guys in the states with the same box dont seem to have issues with power? could it be something more m35 car related??

as for the valve upgrade.. it looks good. pretty cheap from the states too. and doesnt look too hard to fit at all. i might look at that to get the shift times a bit better since its only 180usd or there abouts.

I notice the throttle lag on the stock car i have.. its kinda annoying really as when you want to boot it. you have to think ahead of everything to do it..

The guys in the states with the same box dont seem to have issues with power? could it be something more m35 car related??

as for the valve upgrade.. it looks good. pretty cheap from the states too. and doesnt look too hard to fit at all. i might look at that to get the shift times a bit better since its only 180usd or there abouts.

you got the link for it?

Has anyone priced up buying a 2004-2005 manual stagea front cut from a importer?

Might cost up to $5K

Sell off the engine for $2-3K and use the rest

Is it that simple?

Reading the "modify auto posts" sounds like a bandaid fix for a problem that is still going to remain?