SAU Community

M35 Manual Conversion?

zei20l

Nick, Yes, All the PM35 to the end of production are eligible for compliance BUT only from North Shore Prestige.

It is missleading of any other importer to suggest that they can get a PM35 complied as North Shore Prestige are ONLY complying cars for themselves to sell.

Quoted for accuracy :)

And so should Northshore only comply cars that they are selling, didn't see anyone else put up the $$$$$'s to get the compliance cert.

Incidentally, J-spec have the PM35 listed as "not eligible for import" on their website (or at least they did 2 days ago)

• 4 weeks later...

This IS BS!!!!!.......There was a whole heap of info on the PM35 Manual that has been deleted. Why? Is SAU looking after there members by doing this........NO!!!!!!!

You guy's need to take a serious look at who has deleted this and why!!!!!....the info in this forum is there for people to read and should not be deleted especially since the info was 100% accurate! I don't particularly care about who you get to advertise on this forum as long as they are credible....IF THEY ARE RIPPING OFF YOUR FORUM MEMBERS you should not be using them!!!!

*edit by admins*

YES I am talking about XXX.....If they cannot get there shit together why are you supporting them by cleaning up facts that have bought to light about there shonky dealings!!!!

And yes I am pissed off!!!!!......I would expect you guy's to be more committed to the people that make up your forum/club than the business that blatantly rip them off!!!!

This IS BS!!!!!.......There was a whole heap of info on the PM35 Manual that has been deleted. Why? Is SAU looking after there members by doing this........NO!!!!!!!

You guy's need to take a serious look at who has deleted this and why!!!!!....the info in this forum is there for people to read and should not be deleted especially since the info was 100% accurate! I don't particularly care about who you get to advertise on this forum as long as they are credible....IF THEY ARE RIPPING OFF YOUR FORUM MEMBERS you should not be using them!!!!

YES I am talking about XXX.....If they cannot get there shit together why are you supporting them by cleaning up facts that have bought to light about there shonky dealings!!!!

And yes I am pissed off!!!!!......I would expect you guy's to be more committed to the people that make up your forum/club than the business that blatantly rip them off!!!!

Completely agree with you on this one Craig!

Not sure which posts you mean Craig but you might as well settle down. The forum rules clearly state no member cannot name any business in a negative post. That includes your post that has been editted.

You should expect any posts like that to be deleted by a member or admin.

And before you tell me that is bullshit again, consider that a forum member is currently being sued by a business they posted negative comments about. Luckily for the forums they have not been included in the case, but that may not always be the case.

If you want to put forward comments...just make sure you do not name or clearly imply who the business is. simple.

Fair enough Duncan.....I understand....but you must understand where I am coming from as I am only really looking out for your members and SAU's integrity. My intentions are not malicious! I just feel that noob's buying these cars should not be led up the garden path!

I am not stating facts that are untrue and being a forum that is open to the public the truth is always purposeful and legal!

P.S. I can go to that same importer's website right now and find 4 of the manual pm35's(not to mention the auto's) giving compliance pricing ect.......this is false information! On top of that one of the post's that was deleted clearly stated from that importer that he was not able to compliance any PM35's!. Should this be brought to light....I would think so!

enough said from me......and I don't mind if you wish to discuss this more over the phone as I think you would find what I have to say interesting.

Edited by Jetwreck

• 8 months later...

Keep in mind final drive ratios... This is something I have been thinking about.

NM35's have a final drive of about 3.0 AFAIK

PNM35 has a final drive of 3.5

Navara 3.7

Don't know about a R34 GT-R 3.27?

So, that means a Navara Gearbox in a PNM35 would prob work, and a GTR gearbox in a NM35 would prob work because they are closer? (from a ratio point of view, not physically fitting)

Thoughts?

assuming the box fits with little trouble, final drive ratios arent difficult to find. i think we run an R200 rear, plenty of ratios available to make the transmission work

Keep in mind final drive ratios... This is something I have been thinking about.

NM35's have a final drive of about 3.0 AFAIK

PNM35 has a final drive of 3.5

Navara 3.7

Don't know about a R34 GT-R 3.27?

So, that means a Navara Gearbox in a PNM35 would prob work, and a GTR gearbox in a NM35 would prob work because they are closer? (from a ratio point of view, not physically fitting)

Thoughts?

Thing is, the front diff isnt part of the gearbox, it gets it's drive from the transfer case; through a forward facing driveshaft, and it's rotational speed is the same as the rear tailshaft, so it's ratio won't change.

The thing you WILL want to look at is the ratio spacing of the gearbox; i.e it may have a very short first gear due to it's use in a 4WD.

did the navara have a hi-lo range transfer case? or was it fixed ratio?

did it even have attesa or was it a fixed 50/50 torque split?

its possible even though its manual its still a bad choice. besides ratios etc

• 3 weeks later...

desperately need a m35 manual conversion solution...

At the moment the easiest way to do it is a V35 Manual half cut! The one thing that we are all stuck on is the Bellhousing....everything else we can get sorted!