SAU Community

M35 Manual Conversion?

zei20l

so the s2 rwd stageas can be converted with a v35 6 speed geabox conversion kit from the post stated a few posts above ?

No body has done it, but it seems pretty straight forward. Need the interior bits and pieces, pedals, and hydraulics too. Then figure out if the ecu needs any auto gearbox inputs.

Give it a go I say ;)

No body has done it, but it seems pretty straight forward. Need the interior bits and pieces, pedals, and hydraulics too. Then figure out if the ecu needs any auto gearbox inputs.

Give it a go I say ;)

well if my mates can fit a 260 boss engine into their r33 drift car, i cant see how they couldn't do this! waiting on advanced jap auto imports to give me a price.

Edited by adambruv

well if my mates can fit a 260 boss engine into their r33 drift car, i cant see how they couldn't do this! waiting on advanced jap auto imports to give me a price.

Anything is possible depending on your determination and funding. Been proven as dcdc is building a manual m35 with a r34gtr gearbox. Scotty was looking at a 350z 6 speed a while ago and I think the issue was the tunnel fitment when can be massaged to make fit.

Getting the mechanicals in place will be the easiest part of an NM35 manual AWD conversion.

Getting all the ECU's to play nice with one another, will be the trick with this one.

• 2 months later...

The starter motor is on the other side I am fairly sure, you would have to compare the two to see if the 3.5 sump might be able to be used? Running the manual V35 3.5L engine, ecu's, bcm, relay box etc and wiring loom would be a must I think, and a great can of worms.

Hopefully the chassis is similar enough, otherwise nothing might fit. The AWD stagea chassis is completely different to the V35 chassis...

The Stagea 350s came in a 6 speed manual, it was an Autech version. I reckon if you could get that in your VQ25DET it would be sweet....if you can get it in.......if it is suitable....if it was cheap enough ...so many if's

Jules

Yes, I watched one of the Autech 6 speeds at Japanese auction house with 70,000k's sell for $12,000 nzd. 3 times more than standard M35 and auto Axis models. They only come in a 2.5L engine I thought with the 6 speed.

The starter motor is on the other side I am fairly sure, you would have to compare the two to see if the 3.5 sump might be able to be used? Running the manual V35 3.5L engine, ecu's, bcm, relay box etc and wiring loom would be a must I think, and a great can of worms.

Hopefully the chassis is similar enough, otherwise nothing might fit. The AWD stagea chassis is completely different to the V35 chassis...

So the best bet is actually a complete engine swap including the transmission, starter, sump etc to a 3.5, rather than keeping the 3.0DD in there

Yeah thats true.

Yeah the guy over here did his with a toyota box IIRC. Same as the ones in supras etc. Think the 30det was out of a Cedric or Gloria.
Looks like the best way to go really, although I would like to keep a nissan box in there, I'm kind of strange like that.

A car swap is the way to go, but I like my car. The blue with the aero kit is hard to come by over here in NZ

Nz engineers report, certification, teething problems etc.

I've always driven manuals, current work vehicle is a 6 speed, totally over it. Can't wait for the auto wagon to arrive.

Gone for me are the days of spending thousands of dollars to modify some shit box I purchased, only to sell it later and lose money.

Save the cash, buy the vehicle you really want that doesn't require a gas axe, maybe get a few bolt ons.

The vehicle will have a good resale value cause it has not been modified.

I've always driven manuals, current work vehicle is a 6 speed, totally over it. Can't wait for the auto wagon to arrive.

Gone for me are the days of spending thousands of dollars to modify some shit box I purchased, only to sell it later and lose money.

Save the cash, buy the vehicle you really want that doesn't require a gas axe, maybe get a few bolt ons.

I can get all that, half my family is in that business.

I've only had manuals up until now, I'm not 100% sure whether I'd be over the auto if I got it done, but I think it would add something to the car.

However, I completely see where you are coming from, and I agree with the good resale value.

Couple of things I don't agree with. :D

If you're ganna get cut about the resale of yo modified car doesn't that defeat the whole modifying purpose in the first place? When I buy shit for the car I don't think "fu*k, this is going to fu*k my resale value to all fu*k and beyond."

I also don't agree with the "good resale" part... Good resale to me is a profit, property normally has good resale not cars.

I modify my car for personal gain, as in learning something and my own limits of what I can do. To me my car brings value to me in terms of enjoyment, I enjoy seeing it become something else that I've done or achieved with the car.

• Like 4

If you're ganna get cut about the resale of yo modified car doesn't that defeat the whole modifying purpose in the first place? When I buy shit for the car I don't think "fu*k, this is going to fu*k my resale value to all fu*k and beyond."

I also don't agree with the "good resale" part... Good resale to me is a profit, property normally has good resale not cars.

I modify my car for personal gain, as in learning something and my own limits of what I can do. To me my car brings value to me in terms of enjoyment, I enjoy seeing it become something else that I've done or achieved with the car.

agree whole heartedly. plus they way i look at it the only better wagon in the world is an Audi RS6 which is damn expensive so spending a few grand to make it compare with an RS6 is worth it as i still saved nearly $200K :D

• Like 1

I only ever start thinking about the " oh fu€k " when I go to resell, end up losing money and wish I had more money to spend on my next vehicle. Lack of funds = missed opportunity.

Good resale is not losing crap loads of money, you don't need to make a profit. If I broke even at a point of sale, then I was happy.

Most of the time with modified vehicles, I ended up spending lots of money, investing lots of time, stuck with a highly modified old car by the time I got bored with it. People were reluctant to buy because they don't know what kind of "can of worms" it was and for the same asking price, could purchase a newer more modern car that had superior design and engine qualities stock standard.

I guess I just got tired of always being broke.

agree whole heartedly. plus they way i look at it the only better wagon in the world is an Audi RS6 which is damn expensive so spending a few grand to make it compare with an RS6 is worth it as i still saved nearly $200K :D

Yeah, that's until VW release the Golf R wagon...

ge4817405686714551991.jpg?height=290&aspge4621749494090823862.jpg?height=290&asp

ge4882115345865930879.jpg?height=290&aspge5610221529843885781.jpg?height=290&asp

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/small-passenger/volkswagen/golf/spy-pics-volkswagen-golf-r-estate-42493?utm_content=bufferabd6c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer