SAU Community

M35 Manual Conversion?

zei20l

Has anyone priced up buying a 2004-2005 manual stagea front cut from a importer?

Might cost up to $5K

Sell off the engine for $2-3K and use the rest

Is it that simple?

Reading the "modify auto posts" sounds like a bandaid fix for a problem that is still going to remain?

Manual m35's are all rwd not 4wd

• 4 weeks later...
So can we confirm that there is DEFINITELY rwd manual Stagea's available?

I won't bother buying a 4wd one, nor an auto one.

yes.....the PM35 with the 3.5lt motor.....pretty sure they were only in the AXIS and they are 6 speed. They pop up every now and again or you could ask an importer to source one for you.....don't think you will get much change from $35,000 though.

http://www.autech.co.jp/HISTORY-SV/M35S01/350s.html

The 350S was only made in 2003-2004 and is pretty rare:

Nah, the 2005+ Autech Axis S was also referred to as the 350S for some reason and will be the only factory 6-speed Stagea that can be imported to Australia as far as I know.

Here is a pic of one that went through Auction a few months ago

AxisSwthR34rims.jpg

Hi guys,

i've been following hhis thread for a while now as i'm considering an m35 to replace my evo with soon (kids are getting too big to fit in the back of the evo) and wanted to mention that the Nissan Xterra runs a 4 litre version of the VG and is available with AWD and a 6sp manual, but it's LHD only.

anyway, sounds like a great project - good luck with it.

RHD LHD, gearbox is still in the same place :woot:

thanks for the info! i wonder what AWD system it uses. probably constant, but there would be a transfer case in the same spot

might be stupid, but after looking at some manual gearboxes on ebay. this is what came up:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GQ-Maverick-Nissan-...=item27b0c2587d

the transfer case looks similar, could the gearbox from the front of the attesa case to the bellhousing be bolted up to our stock stuff?

im not saying THIS gearbox will fit, but parts look pretty close

I notice the throttle lag on the stock car i have.. its kinda annoying really as when you want to boot it. you have to think ahead of everything to do it..

The guys in the states with the same box dont seem to have issues with power? could it be something more m35 car related??

as for the valve upgrade.. it looks good. pretty cheap from the states too. and doesnt look too hard to fit at all. i might look at that to get the shift times a bit better since its only 180usd or there abouts.

Hi Guys, i'm pretty new to all this forum stuff so please bear with me. I've been reading your thread on a manual conversion for the M35 Stagea and it sounds very interesting. Keep up the great information!.

Anyway I own a 2003 M35 ARX and have just recently fitted a throttle controller I got from JustJap. And boy did it make a difference in the response of my car! There are 3 setup modes -Economy (5 settings) Normal and Sports (7 settings). I don't know if any of you guys have looked into it but thought it could be of use to someone.

Cheers

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...

Yar, as much as I'd like a manual M35 (even if it is n/a), I can't justify paying $43k for one to get one through J-Spec. Hopefully the pricing comes down, and soon!

Actually, they've been listed as eligible for import, but have J-Spec (or anyone, for that matter) done the complaince certification for them yet?

Yar, as much as I'd like a manual M35 (even if it is n/a), I can't justify paying $43k for one to get one through J-Spec. Hopefully the pricing comes down, and soon!

Actually, they've been listed as eligible for import, but have J-Spec (or anyone, for that matter) done the complaince certification for them yet?

Nick, Yes, All the PM35 to the end of production are eligible for compliance BUT only from North Shore Prestige.

It is missleading of any other importer to suggest that they can get a PM35 complied as North Shore Prestige are ONLY complying cars for themselves to sell.