SAU Community

M35 Manual Conversion?

zei20l

are you sure it was an RB? i remember a VQ30DET with a manual gearbox doing some burnouts in a street

Thats the white one, yeah?

Im thinking of a red one (or Pink as we'd refer to it when Stephen owned one). Im not having too much luck on the googles, perhaps I'm going insane pinch.gif

• 6 months later...

A NZ bloke who seems to pop in occasionally is the closest to getting it done. "dcdc" is his user name.

Last time he checked in he had a R34 getrag 6spd (I think, i know it was a GTR box) in the car, had to be a custom bellhousing. Combination of parts isn't that hard to work out- GTR box, V35 pedal box and clutch cylinder, Flywheel off something to suit, clutch plate.

Then a load of head f**ks getting the ECU to take to something with different speed inputs / loads etc etc, as the ECU was never designed to work with a manual box- so its not a matter of switching auto/manual ECUs.

He had to cut the floor plan too to fit in the T case.

RWD would be no doubt simpler, but you'd still have to get around the electrics side of things- just use a V35 1/2 cut.

Whatever option you choose, expect north of 5 or 6k for the RWD, and double that if going the AWD as my guess. Thats if you expect drive in drive out. If you are a fabricating God, then you'll already know where to start.

A NZ bloke who seems to pop in occasionally is the closest to getting it done. "dcdc" is his user name.

Actually dcdc is in Brisvegas. I dropped in to see his M35 a few weeks back. Looks quite the project but still a long way off being completed.

Last time he checked in he had a R34 getrag 6spd (I think, i know it was a GTR box) in the car, had to be a custom bellhousing. Combination of parts isn't that hard to work out- GTR box, V35 pedal box and clutch cylinder, Flywheel off something to suit, clutch plate.

Then a load of head f**ks getting the ECU to take to something with different speed inputs / loads etc etc, as the ECU was never designed to work with a manual box- so its not a matter of switching auto/manual ECUs.

He had to cut the floor plan too to fit in the T case.

RWD would be no doubt simpler, but you'd still have to get around the electrics side of things- just use a V35 1/2 cut.

Whatever option you choose, expect north of 5 or 6k for the RWD, and double that if going the AWD as my guess. Thats if you expect drive in drive out. If you are a fabricating God, then you'll already know where to start.

Yes a different KIwi manualised an M35 2wd with a custom bellhousing and Toyota box - used a Link wire in to run the engine (turboed 3L)

Yes a different KIwi manualised an M35 2wd with a custom bellhousing and Toyota box - used a Link wire in to run the engine (turboed 3L)

Yeah I remember that one, it was in a Mag, and saw a vid of it doing skids. Its was a VQ30det from memory. Different ECU setup from these VQ25det guys. Think it was out of a Gloria or something.

• 1 year later...

**Thread Revived**

So if I understand correctly from what I've read here the last page's...

"Converted from an automatic RS4 and had a totally reconditioned r32gtr box with a set of nismo heavy set gears whacked into it"
...right!?

...otherwise you have to say that there is nothing what you can do even without spending a fortune equal.
Bad story,for this car :(

The C34 one has been more effortless!

**Thread Revived**

So if I understand correctly from what I've read here the last page's...

"Converted from an automatic RS4 and had a totally reconditioned r32gtr box with a set of nismo heavy set gears whacked into it"

...right!?

...otherwise you have to say that there is nothing what you can do even without spending a fortune equal.

Bad story,for this car :(

The C34 one has been more effortless!

The C34 was released in manual, and has a programmable ecu. The M35 does not, and parts seem to be nearly impossible to find. (I have been trying to find a manual V35 console and handbrake for years)

The conversion is still going ahead, as soon as my Evo is built and on the road. I just hope I can find at least the handbrake by then.

Didn't the m35 have the 350s with the factory manual?

Yes.

It was a series one car modified by Autech.

And Scotty is just being a bish. All he needs is a wrecked manual V35 S1 sedan, but he keeps buying nugget Stageas for parts cars...

:P

Yes.

It was a series one car modified by Autech.

And Scotty is just being a bish. All he needs is a wrecked manual V35 S1 sedan, but he keeps buying nugget Stageas for parts cars...

:P

Series 2 you mean?

There is no gearbox other than the RE5 that bolts up to our orphan, I need to swap the sump so the bolts line up on the 350x box, and the starter fits. There is a lot of mechanical work before I even get to the electronic side. :/