SAU Community

The Insurance Thread

heslo

Could someone help me, who has found the best deal for a weekend driven R32 GTR and im 24. so far shannons have given me 1400 (with a few basic mods) for i think i should be able to do better than that?

thats not bad dude. i pay more than that for a 200 with minimal mods (... i havent updated a few grand worth of stuff...).

• 5 weeks later...

Time to renew my insurance;

Called Justcar to check out what they have to offer. Given a list of my mods (not a lot) they can only do $22k max value. This would cost me $1439 per year premium, an excess of $400 if damaged and a special theft excess of $1400... *ahem*

Called shannons (my current) and listed 4 more mods that I'd put on over the year and removed one that I'd reverted to stock - Agreed value for $25k with a premium of $1454 and an excess of $500 regardless of what happens to the car. Am gonna go to shannons this weekend with the car cleaned and my folder full of invoices and documentation regarding the car in the hope of getting the agreed value to $30k, maybe a tad higher *fingers crossed*

-D

counting down the days til i can access Shannons car insurance.

i dont know how i can but i am with them as well......will be calling them sometime soon and finding out what my new policies are for the renewed insurance :ermm:

i rang around today to find Famous wont insure me anymore some crap about not having a car port :D

so i though ah crap im stuck with just cars so i rang him and was pleasantly surprised

1994 R33 GTS4

Mods:

Turbo engine

coils

strut bars

bigger brakes

braided lines

5 stud conversion

rims

ECU

GTR seats

rims

dvd player

alarm/ immobiliser

excess $400 / Premium $831 agreed value $16,000

pretty stoked with that as 3 years ago they were only offering $16,000 and a little over $1000 Premium

i can drop the premium if i raise the excess

excess $1000 / Premium $500 agreed value $16,000

• 3 weeks later...

Eventionly and finally remembered to give just cars a call and tell them the mods iv done to the car, pretty much just stage one of modifications but told them in detail. They added another $56 ontop of my payment for telling them what I had done to the car, also agreed value went up $4000 wtf. Renewel will be in the mail at the end of next month. I'll probably up the excess as I don't drive it everyday. It will be interesting to see what the payment will be.

getting mine posted in the mail this week too.....shall be interesting to find out what my agreed value is and also what my payments will be like

aussie delivered market cars are easier to get hold of parts too. not too sure it would have a whole lot in compared to the theft factor. Don't hear of too many R34's being stolen

The older WRX's were a huge theft target a while back.

Not sure how they would go trying to steal mine. I have to put a code in just to start it! Haha

You would think more people would be crashing WRXs then non turbo skylines though....

Either way I cant complain, I have a newer, faster and more expensive car, and my insurance is less! =Win

The older WRX's were a huge theft target a while back.

Not sure how they would go trying to steal mine. I have to put a code in just to start it! Haha

and that is why wrx's have user coded ignition systems now. they never had them until every man and his dog started stealing wrx's.

just added a vz commy too my shannons policy that i bought for the mrs to run around in . now have the r33 my falcon wagon and the vz it didnt go up as much as i expected .discount for 3 cars maybe .

just hope i never have to make a claim to find out how good they are on that side of things

just added a vz commy too my shannons policy that i bought for the mrs to run around in . now have the r33 my falcon wagon and the vz it didnt go up as much as i expected .discount for 3 cars maybe .

just hope i never have to make a claim to find out how good they are on that side of things

yeah, you'll get the multi vehicle discount. from the times ive had to make a claim with them, they've been very good

33, clean driving record, sydney inner west postcode

2007 370GT Type SP

agreed value $47.5k

Shannons: $3032 / $500

Just car: $2470 / $800

Famous: $2015 / $600

wtf @ shannons

Why are they so off the mark?

Edited by MadMike

• 3 weeks later...

In light of my recent and not so recent failures to access a quote from Shannons, i thought, after being inspired by the recent AAMI TV ads, id express my concern in song. To the tune of what about me, Shannon Noll & various other artists:

My insurance was up for renewal when i crash into a sudden holt

My excess was raised,

My agreed value dropped,

Ive had it with my insurer, i wanna bolt.

So i rang up Shannons,

Got knocked to the ground,

So i came on SAU to scream,

What about me?

I am the same

I've had enough I want access

Cant you see

I want Shannons

But they wont let me access

What about me?

In light of my recent and not so recent failures to access a quote from Shannons, i thought, after being inspired by the recent AAMI TV ads, id express my concern in song. To the tune of what about me, Shannon Noll & various other artists:

My insurance was up for renewal when i crash into a sudden holt

My excess was raised,

My agreed value dropped,

Ive had it with my insurer, i wanna bolt.

So i rang up Shannons,

Got knocked to the ground,

So i came on SAU to scream,

What about me?

I am the same

I've had enough I want access

Cant you see

I want Shannons

But they wont let me access

What about me?

Are you 25 yet? If not, that's probably the only thing stopping ya

-D

Are you 25 yet? If not, that's probably the only thing stopping ya

-D

You can be with Shannons if your under 25 but will need a pretty good driving history.