SAU Community

-7/9s Or -5s Garretts

Adz2332

Makes you wonder how the Mines R34 GTR is so responsive using 2530's on a 2.6ltr engine doesn't it?

Fact is - it's not.

Once it's on boost (4500rpm or so), the ONLY reason it rips through the gears, is because the diff ratios were changed.

Can't believe the last 6 pages, talk about rubbish...

Suppose we should not discuss or try to help someone who asks for advice or opinion with some innocent banter in between. Oh well sorry. Didn't mean to distress anyone. So where do you suggest we discuss different twin setups? Maybe a forum is not the place. Can you suggest anywhere else?

• 3 weeks later...

I know who guy who has done a heap of head work with his -5s and pushed a 474awkw With Dyno papers to show me when I was shocked... That thing is a rocket!!! He runs it 440awkw every day and only sets it at the highest when need to

I myself with all stock internals & -5s on 18psi running 330awkw

Edited by GTRAAH

I know who guy who has done a heap of head work with his -5s and pushed a 474awkw With Dyno papers to show me when I was shocked... That thing is a rocket!!! He runs it 440awkw every day and only sets it at the highest when need to

I myself with all stock internals & -5s on 18psi running 330awkw

^^^ that's me mate :P

That's pretty funny !!

What would -9 s on e85 with forged internals, cams, exhaust be looking at reaching (power wise)

Probably max the efficiency of the -9s and maybe achieve around 370kw, if your setup is good enough

With the right setup you can achieve 330-350kw on 98

There's one bloke on here making 370kw on -7's so I'm sure you could get there on -9's with the right set up.

If I can make 325kw with standard actuators, AFM's and a shitty 3" exhaust I'm sure you could make a fair wack more with a decently set up car.

You really won't be able to screw enough boost into it to make a huge difference with the -9's. they just run out of puff.

This.

The -7s and -9s by 7500rpm are falling off and simply out of airflow, so you can't screw more boost in if they simply cannot supply the air needed.

Joy of having them come on so early, can't have it all!

You can make near enough the same on 98 as you can on E85 with -9s IMO, hence my earlier comment stands... Add to the fact there is not one person who's ever made legitimately more than that :thumbsup: