• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Technical pont:

The list of nominees should also include the proposer and seconder.

In addition, a person cannot nominate or second more than one nominee for the same position, eg Bec cannot nominate Ash for President and second Wayne for President. Basically, you are nominating or seconding someone because you feel they can do the job, and it would be therefore customary for you to vote for them. Since you cannot vote for 2 different people for the one position, you should not nominate &/or second more than one person for the same position.

Technical pont:

In addition, a person cannot nominate or second more than one nominee for the same position, eg Bec cannot nominate Ash for President and second Wayne for President. Basically, you are nominating or seconding someone because you feel they can do the job, and it would be therefore customary for you to vote for them. Since you cannot vote for 2 different people for the one position, you should not nominate &/or second more than one person for the same position.

Its a fair point, HOWEVER I would also like to point out that no one (apart from Al & Wayne) have put their hand up to Run for ANY positions!

Basically its the same people tasked with running the club as last year, so its irrelevant anyway.

Unfortunately there is only going to be one vote, and that for the presidency, which is a shame really.

Technical pont:

Point taken Greg.

But in saying that. I Second Ash for President now im running against him...lol its a mad would

Its a fair point, HOWEVER I would also like to point out that no one (apart from Al & Wayne) have put their hand up to Run for ANY positions!

Basically its the same people tasked with running the club as last year, so its irrelevant anyway.

Unfortunately there is only going to be one vote, and that for the presidency, which is a shame really.

The multiple proposer / seconder may be slightly irrelevant, but knowing who proposed / seconded each candidate is important.

Ash,

I'm pretty sure it will be in the rules somewhere (at Corp Affairs, or wherever the club is incorporated). It might even be in the constitution.

An added requirement is that the proposer / seconder MUST be a CURRENT FINANCIAL member of the club. That doesn't include people who are simply members of this forum and who happen to attend the meetings of the club.

It's certainly a shame that there aren't more people standing for the various positions, but that's the way it is with voluntary committees. Then you cop it for not doing what the members want, but they are (usually) "too busy" to give the time themselves.

agreed with greg, should only be one nomination per person, doesnt really matter tho I guess, ultimately no-one has to vote for them.

I dont think anyone who was nominating is expired.. I usually check and point these things out before the night... esp members-only events.. and would remind ppl they've expired (eg members only cruises)