SAU Community

Expressions of Interest: SAU Drag Day

ix9

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best et was 13.888 with a 2.6s 60' @ 110mph. my best TS was 111.4mph with a 14.06s et but with a 2.7s 60'. So it wasnt a great night for traction. I think the key to a good time is slicks, or semi slicks like nitto's. I was dumping the clutch around 3000-4000 and it seemed to hookup well, but with the bigger turbo its just not making any decent HP in 1st, so I was short shifting into 2nd. Either way I think the car will get a better time if someone else drives it. I might get steve or dave to have a go.

Originally posted by Strich9ine

and now rob can no longer pay out on "try hard street drifters" and "young hoons" etc... pot. kettle. black.

Mate read my post did I say anywhere in it I was trying to drift? I didnt see a roundabout because 1 street light was out, there was no median strip or give way sign. I locked the brakes up before the roundabout, went sideways through it as I tried to steer around it and hit the kerb on the other side. Mate considering what happened I think I did a good job to avoid the light poles and signs that were there and managed to do bugger all damage to the car. Just spoke to the smash repairs and it just seems the side skirt is stuffed and the tyre, no suspension damage is visable (control arms, strut braces, springs all look fine) wont know till the cars balanced and aligned. Best you shut your mouth mate.

anyone that was at lastnights drags or the wednesday's before would probably seen the damage to my front spoiler... only gonna cost me $330 for a re-resin and fibreglass and a respray but none the less it is a paint in the ass...

the condition of our roads (especially around the freo area) is fkin pathetic as well as the light pole being out (like rob's problem)

it doesnnt take much to loose the back end of your car from a dodgey bit of road and as you guys know pot holes make your side skirts and front bar cry....

till this day i wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming oh my god pot holes and kerbs are BAD!!!

sorry to hear about that rob....

erik, fkin trevs...

IMACUL8, intercooler pipe?

Had a CRAP night dumb electronic auto box wouldnt change gears ... At least we had fun with the DUCATI and sorted out some minor problems ... Hope we can run a 9 this saturday night ... Even had wheel spin with slick on

Originally posted by rob77

Mate read my post did I say anywhere in it I was trying to drift? I didnt see a roundabout because 1 street light was out, there was no median strip or give way sign. I locked the brakes up before the roundabout, went sideways through it as I tried to steer around it and hit the kerb on the other side. Mate considering what happened I think I did a good job to avoid the light poles and signs that were there and managed to do bugger all damage to the car. Just spoke to the smash repairs and it just seems the side skirt is stuffed and the tyre, no suspension damage is visable (control arms, strut braces, springs all look fine) wont know till the cars balanced and aligned. Best you shut your mouth mate.

Dude, was just pointing out how your always quick to point the finger at a boyracer for mashing his car, when it can happen to anyone.... chill... Meant nothing by it really.. :)

needless to say you must've been going pretty fast to end up sideways over a roundabout :P lucky it's only superficial damage hey...

sometimes the boyracer thinks it's cool to say he was "drifting" while he hosed his car, when he probably was just going a little too fast :P

I think he was just having a friendly dig rob but if you want to look at facts, why not?

You said you avoided the signs and lights. lights plural. but only 1 light was out, so some light was there yes? Also what about your headlights? Were they on?

Did they not light up the roundabout? Not even the signs around the roundabout you skillfully managed to avoid? Surly the headlights gave you enough warning? After all

70km’s is about 13M thinking Distance and 26M stopping for the average car. I’m sure Skylines would be a bit quicker.

Granted there could be a lot of variables. dirt on road; camber; blind corner potholes etc.

I know you were the only guy there but no one is here is an angel. ( I know I’ve seen most of you..but no halos :P )

I’m sorry for your loss and hope your ok as well as the car but if you were a bit spirited, just take the joke on the chin.

I:E take it the way you’d expect others to take one from you.

Karma goes along way brother…

Cheers Gus :P

the problem with the net is there is no emotion in the text.... you can be sure I would have been nudging and smiling if i were to say that to rob in person :P *friendly poke*

I think its fair to say the car wasnt going fairly quick and I am a lucky bastard due to the lack of damage to the car. I'll take some photo's of the side-skirt when I get the chance, the rim involved is also fine... unfortunately the tyre has gone to a better place :P after suffering major sidewall damage :P ah well, 18" rims going on the rear tomorrow with some new rubber. Reading your original text I would be hard pressed to find any tongue in check or friendly dig, btw.