SAU Community

Expressions of Interest: SAU Drag Day

ix9

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KILLER-T

Yes it was a bit slippy tonight but i still had fun my best for the night was a 13.4 and all my runs were 110 to 111 mph :)

Originally posted by Hicks

Nice time.

Nice time? I didn't think so. Absolutely horrid out there tonight. I can't be ****ed wasting my time on a track that is more slippery than everyday roads.

My best time was 13.7 @ 105mph (170kph), 60' 2.344.

I think dan the man ran a best of 13.9 @ 106mph last I spoke to him.

Rob77 was having problems out there too. Did you end up with a 13.xx eventually, rob?

KILLER-T made a galant effort (considering the track) with a 13.4 @ 110mph.

Every other skyline there was firmly stuck in 14's.

Fastest SAU member there was Cam with a 12.7.... on his 750cc crotch rocket :)

*sigh* kerbed my car on the way home.I went past my mates house and on the way back to the freeway approaching a roundabout that was so dimly lit with no giveway signs, I locked up the brakes got the car sideways (90 degree's), sailed through the roundabout and hit the kerb at the other end... damage (as far as I can see) one poped rear tyre, 1 unhealthy looking side skirt, I looked under the car both control arms are fine (from looking at them, not bent), springs looked good and unbent, no damage to engine or intercooler or anything... fingers crossed its just the tyre and my suspension and axel are ok. I did end up cracking a 13.888 @ 110mph, my fastest mph was 111.3mph and my 60' times were all around 2.7 :)

Rob - bugger mate, hope there's no big damage..

Erik - bugger again. Stupid bogans...

My night was great fun. I forgot how quick the bike actually was.. and how scared I am of launching it on one wheel! My best time turned out to be a 12.4 @ 189km/h - BUT with a 2.35 60' time?! I think if I had the balls to climb up further on the bike and launch it at 8,000rpm and above I'd get a respectable 60' and maybe a flat 12 or high 11.

Still great fun tho! :)

Dont feel bad Rob...

I was bringing the Rex down last night after all the work is now finished.. pull out of the driveway and my car starts to whistle like a police siren when i accellerate. On turning around and going home looks like my brand new turbo has shat its self after about 700km.. i mean WTF.

Im hoping Ive split o hose or something, but all will be revealed tonight when i check....

anyway still came down in the Magna and watched...

saw that gen 3 pull a 13.3, white sti did 13.3, and wrx wagon did 13.3........

Daniel

Erik,

You parked next to me in the parking lot (nice shiny exhaust) I noticed your driver's mirror insert was gone when I left around 9:10pm... I thought it was odd..

That sucks to have that happen to you!

As for the track, last week it was as slippery as hell and I was wheelspinning into 3rd gear, i don't even do that on the street!

and with 2.5 60's i wasn't impressed.... let alone a week later when you guys all had a run!

and MOST of the MPH's were pretty high from what I saw last night too... that is very odd!