SAU Community

Post Your Drift Hook Charms/tow Hook Charms

Excess

Ive got this from a trip to Japan last year. Though i might see what others are hanging on their tow hook when they go Drifting.

szylb8.jpg

A little history on how this started in Japan by Antonio Alvendia

"For some reason, it has become some sort of trend for people to hang toys or other items of thier cars' rear tow hook, but the origination of this trend came from the Bosozoku (street gangsters with fixed up cars) in Japan. It was a Bosozoku trend to hang a small tin bucket from thier rear tow hook to show off how low thier cars were- they got the idea from seeing cement trucks in Japan, wich always had a bucket hanging off the rear of the truck. The cement trucks used the bucket as a "catch can" of sorts, so that excess cement from the truck would'nt spill onto the pavement. Inspired by this, the bosozoku trend setters attached small buckets to thier rear tow hooks to show how low thier bucket could hang- if your car was so low that the bucket could scrape on things as you were driving , they thought it was cool as hell."

Some other ones i found on the internet, pretty interesting.

211sy0y.jpg lol

P1010014.jpg

badge.jpg

Edited by Excess

one of the guys I know in brissy has a panda charm he hangs off his tow hook. Think his girlfriend gave it to him or something.

but yeah, hanging badges off the towhook = FAIL.

Besides, note that all those cars in those pics are american. They probably all have learner driver stickers on em somewhere too :P

LOL @ the badges. Once again the Americans have missed the point by miles.

I had a NPL poker chip chilling on my Skyline, until I put the car into a cliff backwards about 3 days later (first slide session after I put it on :D)

Turned out to be a bad luck charm :)

Edited by AndrewJZX100

a maccas toy and a choke chain i found in yeppoon one day ahahaha

i need coilovers bad!!!

so dont flame me on my car being in the clouds :) lol

post-55906-1235466533_thumb.jpg

Edited by LUME

ok i knew this crap was going to happen

you see i have a mate that has a r33 also...all my ideas when i first got mine i told him then all of a sudden he reckons hes got these new ideas and tells me theyre the exact same as what i want to do to my car..so before i went out one weekend to where i used to live i took my rear spoiler off and bought sum lame ass stickers. that weekend we went for a drive after i heard it non stop yours doesnt ahve a turbo yours is four stud ra ra ra.. i had my park lights on went got a feed then we start driving again and all of a sudden his park lights are one. spoke to a few mates hes got stickers and no rear wing now. and he doesnt say crap any more after we had a bit of a race.

hope that clears it all up

horses for courses really didn like em at first always laughed at myself now it jsut doesnt bother me.