SAU Community

Stuffed My Car Tonight

R34Liner

ok sorry i read through your posts

seems like youve tried a few things

id say definately change the engine oil...

you might want to buy an additive from supercheap or something called "Engine Flush"

add in it.....run it a few mins and out it goes.....

id double check the plugs dude after......

and if it is black......like i said.....put them on the stove and make them glow..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks eeiko321...unfortunately i think i have bent a con rod....because i have cleaned all the cylinders out and i have got new spark plugs and it still knocks....there i water in my oil but that isn't going to make my engine knock...and the knocks are progressive with the revs....fark man im spewing atm....its going to cost me a fortune to get it back to working order....I'm happy for some more advice/experiences/ideas!! - anything to give me more hope...but atm im pretty sure im going to have to replace at least 1 con rod and hopefully it didn't damage the block whilst it was at it...and plus im hoping it didnt stuff the crank whilst it was at it...besides the knocking the engine runs surprisingly smooth..considering whats happened inside :P maby there is hope yet! taking it to the shop tomorrow

Ive seen ppl put a little flap over those types of CAI when they park. Similar to those flappy thing some truck exhausts have at the ends. Its very cheap its just a latch + flap /guard/ cap. Bad luck tho mate I hope you work it out.

if theres water in your engine............

then thats the first sign ..and the culprit to many issues that can derive from that.

you think about it....at the bottom of the sump the Oil pick up /strainer will suck oil via the pump...

pump it through and under the cylinders...... the piston rings restrain most of the oil getting into the combustion......(but older engines with worn piston rings can let oil in..thats why you see the black smoke)

water is so much more fine than engine oil.....it will make it past the piston rings for sure... hence causing pinging/knocking etc.

at this point.....its hard to say....especially not being able to see the car...

but i feel that you haven't bent anything or f**ked any bearings yet........

because you haven't run it with water in the engine for extensive periods of time...

or have you?

cause from what you explained......you didn't say whether you drove it after or not..

if you did...then there is a possibility piston rings would be the first to go as well as other things...

so like i said, get engine flush....put it in...run it for a min........drain the oil

put new oil and check your spark plugs one more time.

this way you eliminate another possible culprit......

its all about diagnostics.....

i just drained the oil and flushed with diesel then flushed the remanding diesel with oil and filled her up again, new oil filter and shes still knocking...so i have new spark plugs and new oil with filter and its still knocking...the guy at Hills Motor Sport (let me know if you guys have heard of him, i have had a few dealings with him and i recon hes a pretty good mechanic...has about 1000 skylines out the front every time i go) said that he has lots of ppl come in with the same story as i have and he said that i most probably will have bent the crank and or bent the con rods...or maby even split a piston head. either way he said he would fix it for me...worst case scenario he will charge me $3000 max and he said if its not as serious as he thinks he will charge me less accordingly.

what you guys think...atm i really don't give a shit how much it costs because i just want my car back in working order :) but that's just my short sightedness kicking in lol off cause i care how much it cost its just i love my car too much :)

Mark has my car right now fixing my rb30, its tucked away next to the dyno room.

just go ahead and get him to do an rb30 conversion for you, you might as well. for an extra $1000 you'll have a much better motor.

well i got a RB25 already :P its just brokded...its cheaper to fix it then buying a new engine, that i don't know anything about, and getting the mech to take the old one out and put the new one in...as for the RB26....hmmm :)

hey mate personally ide get a second opinion, dont get me wrong it most probably is a busted motor, but i wouldnt trust one word Hills motorsports tell me. and he quoted u 3k to repair it? mate itd be cheaper to buy a second hand motor and swap it in.

but if ur willing to spend that much then best option is to do what SECURITY has said, and do an rb30 conversion for an extra 1k or so :P

just my 2c :)

hey mate personally ide get a second opinion, dont get me wrong it most probably is a busted motor, but i wouldnt trust one word Hills motorsports tell me. and he quoted u 3k to repair it? mate itd be cheaper to buy a second hand motor and swap it in.

but if ur willing to spend that much then best option is to do what SECURITY has said, and do an rb30 conversion for an extra 1k or so :)

just my 2c :)

yea man i know what you mean...i got quotes from a few mech's....seriously...half of them didn't seem to know shit all, they were saying stuff that wasnt even related to the fact that my car sucked up water...the other half were like - get a new engine....now personaly i don't want to get a new engine because, frankly, engines are taken out of cars for a reason...what ever the reason may be...i dont know what kind of condition the engine could be in...for all i know it could have 150,000 kms on it....as for the rb30 convertion....i would seriously love to...but 3k is all i got...and i NEED a car right now...i cant afford to go one more day without it - unfortunaly im stuck between a hard place and a overpriced mechanic...and after all the bullshit and hassel and WORRY of this whole thing...i dont care anymore....atlease i know that hills motorsport will do a good job and put a 3 months warrenty on the repairs....even if it is rediculaously overpriced.... maby if i had time i would have shoped around for a few weeks and pin a few mechanics quotes together....but between work and uni i dont have time :P

anyway...we can all take something from this.....skylines dont swim....

yea man i know what you mean...i got quotes from a few mech's....seriously...half of them didn't seem to know shit all, they were saying stuff that wasnt even related to the fact that my car sucked up water...the other half were like - get a new engine....now personaly i don't want to get a new engine because, frankly, engines are taken out of cars for a reason...what ever the reason may be...i dont know what kind of condition the engine could be in...for all i know it could have 150,000 kms on it....as for the rb30 convertion....i would seriously love to...but 3k is all i got...and i NEED a car right now...i cant afford to go one more day without it - unfortunaly im stuck between a hard place and a overpriced mechanic...and after all the bullshit and hassel and WORRY of this whole thing...i dont care anymore....atlease i know that hills motorsport will do a good job and put a 3 months warrenty on the repairs....even if it is rediculaously overpriced.... maby if i had time i would have shoped around for a few weeks and pin a few mechanics quotes together....but between work and uni i dont have time :down:

anyway...we can all take something from this.....skylines dont swim....

a second hand engine will mot likely be in better condition than the one you've currently got. anyone who sells you a 2nd hand engine usually gives a 3-6 month warranty. during that time you can test oil pressure and compression + leak down and if its shagged then they replace or fix it.

the worst thing you could do when on a budget is throw it at some mechanic as 100% of the time they will tell you things like - oh we need to replace the timing belt, tensioners, idlers, engine mounts, hoses bla bla bla and the bill ALWAYS ends up $1000 over what they originally quoted you.

Yea your right SECURITY - i seriously CBF going through the bother of finding a new engine...i like the one i have now. I knew it was going to be expensive to fix. - Thanx Modena - i just dropped it off at hills motor sport now...hes going to give me a ring in a few days to let me know what the damage is...ill keep you all posted!