SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Most i seen was 266kw from my car 25psi dropping e85 and that was with the larger rear housing .86
Stock bottom end sr but
I would reccomend going the atr28ss2 in bb with .64 rear housing more responsive due to the smaller rear and i made 280kw with this
On a built motor with larger cams and custom exhaust manifold i would see it making 300kw

Ask tao im sure he can arrange that
Most results ar from rbs but usually all in by 4000rpm and there only running t3 single scroll
Twinscroll will help alot hence why evos get away with 300kw turbos but are still responsive

This particular SR20det engine is something built by forcedmotor works 4 years ago. It run one of our ATR45SAT turbo compete and won WTAC Open class in 2016 and is still a current world record holder of the fastest SR on Wakefield. Its on a single T3 scroll manifold running external gate, and that pumped 400rwkws on E85 fuel, 28psi by 4250RPM. Far as I know its just a standard rebuild, no VCT with forged pistons with 264  / 256 Tomei Pro cams. For around 350rwkws mark I will be recommending this turbocharger.

s14enginebay.jpg

atr45sat399rwkw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some results to share, This time is from Justin's drift car running with one of our ATR45SAT ceramic ball bearing turbocharger. 

fronts.JPG

R33 GTST unopened engine.

HyperGear Atr45SAT Ceramic ball bearing turbo

6 boost manifold

Turbosmart 45mm Gate

Ebay 600x300x100 Cooler

ID 1000cc Injectors

460 lph Fuel Pump

3 inches turbo back exhaust

Haltech ECU

E85 fuel

Car made 397rwkws @ 21psi on a conservative tune for stock engine. Should see 420rwkws at full potential. 

carondyno.jpg

atr45397rwkws.jpg

What would you recommend for a daily driven rb20

Looking for around 220ish kws, response and internal gated?

With normal mods

nistune, EBC, cooler, fuel pump etc

I would high flow the factory turbocharger using a ball bearing core with a G2 or a SS15 profiled wheel sets. the SS15 is a better choice for power and response.