SAU Community

My Bolt On Engine Upgrade Thread: R34 Gtr

I dropped my R34 GTR off at Red R Racing yesterday morning for some bolt on upgrades at the hands of DirtGarage (Paul) and co.

Ive had a few people show interest in my planned upgrades so I decided to start up a thread for those interested. Thread will include plenty of pics and final results with a full mod list at the end to accompany dyno results.

A few of the parts going in, more to arrive - see below

40807124.jpg

Garrett 2860R-5 turbos

29273810.jpg

Cam cover comes off for access to gears and belts, radiator also out

97729652.jpg

Getting to the stock turbos

79234708.jpg

Front turbo out

50925842.jpg

Close up of stockie still in place

11603589.jpg

Old vs New

69800176.jpg

More parts are expected to arrive over the next couple of days including Cam Gears, Vipec ECU, Tech Edge Wideband AFR controller, injectors, oil catch can and a few other bits. Will post up pics when they arrive/go onto the car.

Cheers

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

320AWKW but we will see how it goes. Dont want anything too crazy, bottom end is stock.

As for response loss on RPM, time will tell. Hopefully not much though, will post full results so will be able to compare to my stock turbos.

320AWKW but we will see how it goes. Dont want anything too crazy, bottom end is stock.

As for response loss on RPM, time will tell. Hopefully not much though, will post full results so will be able to compare to my stock turbos.

maybe i am wrong but aren't your chosen turbos HKS 2530s equivalent, but GT-SS which have less lag make 320 awkw easily..

in fact there are a second hand pair in classifieds that made exactly that?

maybe i am wrong but aren't your chosen turbos HKS 2530s equivalent, but GT-SS which have less lag make 320 awkw easily..

in fact there are a second hand pair in classifieds that made exactly that?

Have been over and over GTSS vs -5. Not going over it again. I did my research, I wanted -5s, I bought them. Please keep turbo selection out of my thread.

Bakes, Matt was having trouble keeping his mind on the job...every now and then he would stand back and admire your car. He's been around plenty of tough GTR's and to see him drooling over your car was a laugh.

haha, Good stuff :down:

:) Not anytime soon. Wife has put the foot down - No more mods for a long while after this lot :blink:

Fair enough. Start buying her shoes, lots and lots of shoes :)

I am excited to see the results of this, great stuff.

Quick question, with regard to the wideband, why did you not go with the Innovate Motorsports WB which is reccommended to be used with the Vipec ECU's? Geniune question, I am not just being a d**k.

Mike

PS: in comparing dyno runs details of AFR and ignition advance would be good to get more of a direct comparison.