SAU Community

My Bolt On Engine Upgrade Thread: R34 Gtr

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be right Moei. Ill have to wait a couple of weeks to find out for sure when I get a chance to get back to the dyno.

The car is driving great on the road, a wall of power from 4K Rpm all the way through to 8K Rpm. Theres just nowhere for me to go flat out through 3rd gear and on, Id be just a little over the speed limit :devil:

the clincher in my opinion is the Nismo gal. radiator guide plate. Whats the Nissan part number for that one Bakes?

would have been nice for Wayne to let us have a quick run on the rollers today after the Toyota club had finished.

Dave tells me the cat that was fitted represented a significant (up to 40%) restriction in the system. He owns an exhaust shop so his knowledge is reasonably accurate.

The numbers up to where the power starts to nose-over are all excellent for the set-up, and we by no means pushed the car hard....but there is something stopping it making more power, winding more timing, less fuel or more boost to try and push power figures is pointless at this stage. Its a method of just trying and testing a few ideas when Bakes comes back from working interstate to get the power where it should be at this level of tuning. With the wheels fitted to the car and the level of tuning the car has now i estimate the power is down about 40-50KW of where it should be...yes a restrictive cat can rob you of that.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Paul, Im working as a contractor for Nismo in relation to the Gal Nismo radiator gap plate.

I can custom make them and sell them for $450 if anyones interested, lol :(

OK part number is 024U-225371 or 024U-BAKES1...lol

I hope you have arranged with Christian (Prank) to operate as a trader on this site.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Interested to see how you go with a hi-flow cat, as i'm wondering how much restriction there is on mine (i have front pipe and catback). Though we still made decent power on the tune..

ive had my car not make anymore than 10psi boost due to a stuffed cat and soon as it was unbolted it went back up to 18psi, thats with a 3' magic cat too, blocked/restrictive cats can kill power bigtime, definately capable of gaining 60kw+ if the cat is blocked or just ultra restrictive.

Hey Bakes hopefully all gets sorted so you can get that magical 300+ mark. Ive just replaced my titanium exhaust with the Varex system and im happy with the outcome. I was quite surprised how much better it ran after installing a high flow cat. Though i miss the loud sound i had, the car still sounds great and when i push the remote its full on stealth mode (no cam burps)..

What sort of power are you making Huy?

My car with the N1 turbos makes 374hp/278kw at all four @ 18spi on a hub dyno. D-Jetro, catback & front pipe.

Cheers for the comments guys!

Great info Unique1, Thanks. Definately could have been my problem then. We will see.

Fatz, I have Nismo fuel pump.

Huy, Thanks, you might well change your cat to after we see my next dyno result in a couple of weeks.

did u bright sparks think of dropping the exhaust after the front pipe to see the effect?

yes we did think about this, however it was not possible to do because we were running out of time and it was 10pm at night by the time we hit the power brick wall and running the car with no exhaust would have been bad.

very nice car bakes.