SAU Community

My Bolt On Engine Upgrade Thread: R34 Gtr

I am excited to see the results of this, great stuff.

Quick question, with regard to the wideband, why did you not go with the Innovate Motorsports WB which is reccommended to be used with the Vipec ECU's? Geniune question, I am not just being a d**k.

Red R Racing use Tech Edge, thats pretty much the reason. I went with their recomendations.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vipec ecu was designed to work with what ever wideband sensor you want to use rather than one specific brand/model.

Yes, however in the manual it recommends the Innovative Motorsport WB. No drama, I would like to know why the Tech Edge was chosen by Paul. Good information to know especially to those (like myself) who don't have WB yet.

Anyway, sorry Bakes to digress.

Mike

maybe Mr. Dirt can elaborate...

its what we use and are familiar with...no need to change as they are very accurate.

Peter gives me a good discount too which helps.

All Mainline dyno's use Techedge units to read AFR...good enough for them...plenty good for me. :down:

Cheez Bakes those rims are growing on me they might just end up on that 32 next to yours LOL

:D Hahah Dave, I hope my car is not sitting on bricks when I come round next, or discover that I mysteriously have a new set of wheels that look a lot like yours ;)

Glad to hear you are looking forward to working on it Anthony. See you later in the week.

Yeah no probs, I had to give up Friday night races at WSID to get your car running so it can be driven to the Dyno.

Never mind plenty of time for the track.

I prefer Techedge Wideband, they are simple and easy to use and work great! Much smaller then the Innovate unit and much much cheaper as well and we are buying local for overnight delivery, and the support Peter gives us is second to none.

I prefer Techedge Wideband, they are simple and easy to use and work great! Much smaller then the Innovate unit and much much cheaper as well and we are buying local for overnight delivery, and the support Peter gives us is second to none.

Thanks for the info Paul and Guilt-Toy.

Great to see a thread like this, I will be keeping a close eye on it. Am looking at doing a similar thing with my 33R using a Vipec but different turbo choice. Goodluck with it all Bakes.

Sweet choice in turbo :woot: Let us know how it goes once it's done!

I should be getting my GTR back this week, with a freshly rebuilt forged motor with my own pair of GT2860R-5's strapped to the side... can't bloody wait!