SAU Community

My Bolt On Engine Upgrade Thread: R34 Gtr

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Arabian Drifter. I Put Split fire coilpacks in and a 3.5 Inch Metal Cat into the zorst system recently. Touch up tune and a little more boost:

Latest results:

(301 AWKw)

mostrecentresult.jpg

Bit of valve float up top on high boost (see dip on grey line) holding it back slightly.

If I replace the valve springs and put in aftermarket camshafts it will make 450AWHp (335AWKw) with a bit more boost but 301AWKw is plenty for me at the moment. Came home after the tune via Putty Road, was good fun :huh:

The car will be in Performance Imports Magazine Issue 113, due out towards the end of October.

Cheers

Amazing result mate, im very jealou.......i mean delighted for you lolz

have fun, that power level will easily make you lose your liscence if u aint careful!!! Ill definitely pick up an issue of import mag 113; my bday is around then so hopefully my car might get some presents and look like yours :(

looks a bit better now, but still a bit surprised that at ~22psi it's making 300kw. I just had another look, at ~17psi it's making 264rwkw. it should definitely have more than that for 17psi through -5s with all the other gear too. I would have thought you could get over 300 with 17psi or so. but it could be the dyno I guess. it might be worth having a run somewhere else at a dyno day or similar or even better run it down the drag strip. it's not a bad result but with all the effort of vipec, new turbs, big injectors etc you would hope for more. it's possible to get 270 with stock turbs, injectors and just a power FC, some boost and an exhaust so you'd hope for the extra outlay would come extra power!

Run it down the quarter and see what mph you get. That's the best measure.

Not sure why you don't care though after investing that much... Imagine if you found the car was 50kw down on power (unlikely) compared to other cars with similar mods when you put it on a sydney dyno? I would be very disappointed and I think you would be too.

shakes head, rolls eyes and sighs.

New valve springs and cams and it will make 350AWKw on the Insight dyno

If I was worried about the power being down, Id rush out and put these in now. Am I going to do that any time soon, No.

In the past with other cars I have had, I have seen Huge differences in dyno reading between work shops, and I have no doubt that plenty of others have seen the same thing.

My car made 301 AWKw on the Insight dyno with valve float at high RPM, it may or may not make 10, 20, 30 or whatever more AWKw on other dynos. Whats important is that I am more than happy with how the car goes after the mods I have done. Trust me, my car is not slow. lol

shakes head, rolls eyes and sighs.

New valve springs and cams and it will make 350AWKw on the Insight dyno

If I was worried about the power being down, Id rush out and put these in now. Am I going to do that any time soon, No.

In the past with other cars I have had, I have seen Huge differences in dyno reading between work shops, and I have no doubt that plenty of others have seen the same thing.

My car made 301 AWKw on the Insight dyno with valve float at high RPM, it may or may not make 10, 20, 30 or whatever more AWKw on other dynos. Whats important is that I am more than happy with how the car goes after the mods I have done. Trust me, my car is not slow. lol

You missed the point... ah well...

As you say though, as long as your happy with it and enjoying it thats all that matters.

Edited by nfi

I got the point mate, but who are you to tell me If Im dissapointed or not. There is no way it will be 50Kw down on power on other dynos for its mods in comparison to other cars.

Rest assured, the 10K or so I spent on engine mods will not result in me losing my house.

Lock and close thread forever

Run it down the quarter and see what mph you get. That's the best measure.

Not sure why you don't care though after investing that much... Imagine if you found the car was 50kw down on power (unlikely) compared to other cars with similar mods when you put it on a sydney dyno? I would be very disappointed and I think you would be too.

who cares what times it runs or what mph it gets... i went down with bakes and had a short stint behind the wheel on the drive home on the putty... i can tell you know this car hauls... it needs a brake upgrade to pull it up due to the sheer amount of speed it can build up in a short distance..

for the way bakes drives.. its got more than enough power.. for the way i was punting it, its got more than enough power... which is what bakes desires from his car... a street package... oodles of response and 300kw at the wheels.. it does that.. comfortable and easy to drive as he drives it day in day out to work.. it does that.. reliable and problem free.. its does that too.. that 10g he spent as been worth it in my books.

i dont know what my r32 pulls on the dyno... i dont know what time it runs at the drags... i dont know how it fares to any other car on the road.... i do know that on the putty... when im driving it, it does everything i want it to, and everything ive put on the car enhances that feeling... i dont need to know what power it makes to be happy.

no expectations, no dissapointments

cheers

Linton

I got the point mate, but who are you to tell me If Im dissapointed or not. There is no way it will be 50Kw down on power on other dynos for its mods in comparison to other cars.

Rest assured, the 10K or so I spent on engine mods will not result in me losing my house.

Lock and close thread forever

Im really glad to hear the car performs as you wanted it to and was worth the money; most people feel guilty after buying things.

At the end of the day, thats what these cars do for us; they give us that thrill and get that little sumthing special out of life...not just girls hehe!

all the best mate, dont lock the thread; keep us posted on any changes, upgrades or *touch wood* issues/problems

-Johnny

brake fade putty road

mmmmm

you wernt speeding

lol

no no... no speeding... just punting.. actually... just between you n me fatz, i reckon it was the lunch that bakes had at windsor that was causing the brake fade... you know, extra weight and all. it was fine on the freeway down.