SAU Community

My Bolt On Engine Upgrade Thread: R34 Gtr

Yep, it was actually built by Racingline. I gave it to Ice but they split before they got started and it was finished by Nigel and Karl at Racingline.

It is now owned by another forum member.

I live right next door to the Daily Planet lol

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiming to get back to the dyno the weekend (or Friday) after the easter long weekend.

Guilt, will you be free sometime around then?

I want to wind the boost up from 17PSi to 19PSi also. Hopefully then with a bit more boost and the hi flow cat, it will crank out ~300AWKW.

It will be interesting to get a power run done on a Sydney Dyno down the track to compare results.

+1 for pepe's avatar.. :)

What other body parts did she flash you?

Sorry to get off topic here, but until there is more information about Bakes's build the boobies have caught my attention!

Aiming to get back to the dyno the weekend (or Friday) after the easter long weekend.

Guilt, will you be free sometime around then?

I want to wind the boost up from 17PSi to 19PSi also. Hopefully then with a bit more boost and the hi flow cat, it will crank out ~300AWKW.

It will be interesting to get a power run done on a Sydney Dyno down the track to compare results.

yeah mate, you know the score, whenever you are ready!

you should get the shirt man to finish that timing belt first though imo

yeah mate, you know the score, whenever you are ready!

you should get the shirt man to finish that timing belt first though imo

Did he forget to tighten another one? LOL LOL

Just kidding Bakes i am sure it will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys if you have a look at this post, it appears a "before" power figure was known (late December 2008);

Im starting to collect parts now for my goal of ~320AWKW.

My R34 GTR was stock when I bought it, I have installed the following:

* Exhaust: HKS Front pipe and Cat Back with Hi Power Muffler.

* Fuel: Nismo Fuel Pump and Fuel Pressure Regulator.

* Control: HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller

* Intake: HKS SPL Piping Kit with Super Flow Pod Filters.

Current Power: 240AWKW at 1.2 Bar

When was the compliance cat discovered? Quite strange to change the front pipes and the cat back without doing cat at the same time, even so, if it was a POS cat, surely any decent exhaust shop wouldve mentioned it when the car was picked up so it could be fixed in the future, or even right then if they were trying to get some more money out of the job at that time.

Very suprised it has a restrictive cat if what Bakes posted in that above post was correct.

Well Bakes, good luck with it :thumbsup:

Guys if you have a look at this post, it appears a "before" power figure was known (late December 2008);

When was the compliance cat discovered? Quite strange to change the front pipes and the cat back without doing cat at the same time, even so, if it was a POS cat, surely any decent exhaust shop wouldve mentioned it when the car was picked up so it could be fixed in the future, or even right then if they were trying to get some more money out of the job at that time.

Very suprised it has a restrictive cat if what Bakes posted in that above post was correct.

Well Bakes, good luck with it :)

Car came from Japan with HKS front pipe and HKS rear pipe with Hi Power Muffler and with stock or compliance cat. I wasnt aware it was the stock cat at the time I typed the old info.

Some body probably forgot to take the rag out of the inlet when they had the engine apart to keep all the dirt and crap out and that is what the problem is .

Dont laugh , I've seen it done before .

im my defence i was on my 16th beer and it was only a mates gtr

lol