SAU Community

My Bolt On Engine Upgrade Thread: R34 Gtr

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is an adjustable FPR and larger fuel rail necessary? stock fuel pump?

we dont recommend products unless completely necessary.

For around the same price as SARD 700cc injectors we got the rail, injectors and reg for. The injectors we now use are 750cc Siemens items and have 14mm tops and will not fit the STD rail...they wont even fit a Jap aftermarket rail. His Nismo FPR he already had fitted will not bolt to the Hypertune billet fuel rail so the Turbosmart reg was fitted.

So yes the FPR and fuel rail were both required.

He can now sell his almost new Nismo FPR and be well in front...any one interested in purchasing this can PM Bakes. He also has a set of R34 GTR turbo's and STD injectors in excellent condition that he is looking to offload. :)

He has a Nismo fuel pump already installed.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Bakes is the turbo hard piping something you had already or was it considered a neccessary mod? I'm considering something similar for mine. Is it locally made or Jap?

Cheers

HKS piping kit Scoob. Same as i used to run...see Trojan as they bought my old kit...they might sell it to you.

HKS piping kit Scoob. Same as i used to run...see Trojan as they bought my old kit...they might sell it to you.

Thanks for the lead Paul. Are they neccessary? Scott would prefer me to get rid of my stockers on the 26/30 as he thinks they might be restirctive, but I've not heard evidence of that for engines below 350rwkw.

Bakes can you please post a pic of the whole turbo side of the engine with the piping installed.

Cheers

Thanks for the lead Paul. Are they neccessary? Scott would prefer me to get rid of my stockers on the 26/30 as he thinks they might be restirctive, but I've not heard evidence of that for engines below 350rwkw.

Bakes can you please post a pic of the whole turbo side of the engine with the piping installed.

Cheers

Ive seen plenty of Racepace street/circuit GTR's with the stock piping...no probelm with 400kw+

im up for a cruise if you wanna take her for a squirt over the weekend bakes.. mine has been trouble free for a few hours now so i should be right. haha

Car is tuned and running sweet, however on the dyno we couldnt get it to make over ~240AWKW at 1.2 bar (17PSi)

We worked out that the stock Nissan Cat between my HKS front pipe and rear section must have been restricting way too much air flow.

The cat got KO'd today. The car feels good and the new turbos pull to all the way to red line.

Ill try to take some pictures of the new catch can, etc tomorrow If I get 5 minutes of spare time to firsty clean/wash the car/engine bay.

Will have to head back to the dyno with Guilt Toy some time in the next couple of weeks and see what it pulls now. Might even crank the boost up to 19PSi or so.

Car is tuned and running sweet, however on the dyno we couldnt get it to make over ~240AWKW at 1.2 bar (17PSi)

We worked out that the stock Nissan Cat between my HKS front pipe and rear section must have been restricting way too much air flow.

The cat got KO'd today. The car feels good and the new turbos pull to all the way to red line.

Ill try to take some pictures of the new catch can, etc tomorrow If I get 5 minutes of spare time to firsty clean/wash the car/engine bay.

Will have to head back to the dyno with Guilt Toy some time in the next couple of weeks and see what it pulls now. Might even crank the boost up to 19PSi or so.

so @ what RPM do they hit 1bar in 4th?

why not fit a metalcat?

Dunno mate, will have to check. Will definately have to go back to the dyno. Car should put out >300AWKW with my mods easily at 17-19PSi

Will have to see what effect the cat mod had. If that hasnt helped to free up a bucket load of power, I dont know what the problem could be.

I wouldve thought you could pull 240rwkw with standard turbos and supporting mods, dont know if youve mentioned what power your car was running before this series of mods.

Good luck with the re tune. I have a vested interest in this, was tossing up which turbos as well.

^^ Yeah, I did pull 240 with my standard turbos with stock injectors with just a boost controller.

Car should be making well over 300AWKW now. I cant tell on the street, maybe the problem is somewhere else?? If it is I dont know what??

Have to get back to the dyno and see if the cat has helped free up the power.