SAU Community

Infinity Vs Nissan

im chasing a v35.. prob 03/04 model.. and ive come across some that are badged infinity... why is that? are there any specific differences in them?

also, are there 6 airbags, traction control, stability control standard with these cars?

there is nothing difference with the two, It's just a rebadge. If you talking about the Real infiniti and Nissan then there is a slight differences with the Options, like they get the Full leather and the analogue clock on the dash rather than the digital one.

Infiniti is suppose to be for US market only.

Infiniti is more Luxury brand line that compete directly with the Germans like BMW, or Merc.

It's like Toyota and Lexus.

Or like you have Honda. In USA there is ACURA as well. Why not name it Honda NSX but why Acura NSX.

Edited by pw350gt

all the spec is the same. The Airbag you get six if the car have option fitted or Premium version.

Infiniti all cars are std pretty very similar with the 70th anniv edition V35 Skyline.

i guess the main reason people rebadge them is when a person pulls up behind you, u know all ur gonna see in the rear view mirror is UTTER confusion, plus to people who know what it is....i guess its to add a lil class....i kinda like the analog clock better.

an yes, all infinities are LHD, plus no one compliance them, unless its brought in using the 12month ownership law.

All Nissan V35 that are exported overseas are badged as the Infinity Brand which is the prestige brand directly marketed against BMW and Mercedes buyers which has been mentioned above, they are exported to the US, Cananda, Russia, China and now Europe with the introduction of the V37 which is called Infinity G37. All the imported Nissan V35 in Australia are from Japan which were for the Japanese domestic market and it is badged as a Nissan V35 Skyline. At the end of the day are the same cars expect a couple of minor changes, Hope this clear things up a bit.

All Nissan V35 that are exported overseas are badged as the Infinity Brand which is the prestige brand directly marketed against BMW and Mercedes buyers which has been mentioned above, they are exported to the US, Cananda, Russia, China and now Europe with the introduction of the V37 which is called Infinity G37. All the imported Nissan V35 in Australia are from Japan which were for the Japanese domestic market and it is badged as a Nissan V35 Skyline. At the end of the day are the same cars expect a couple of minor changes, Hope this clear things up a bit.

Nit picking but the next model after V35 is V36 but as they have a 3.7L engine they are badged G37's in the US as far as I understand it.

I got mine from Southern Special Vehicles, badge as infinity... front grill, rear, engine cover, steering wheel, wheels' center cap. its a black 2003 70th anniversary edition, 6 speed manual, full leather, bose stereo etc etc. dunno if its factory badged or re-badged co'z leather seats hasn't got embeded infinity logo on it, keys were nissan badge instead of infinity as us version.