SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

the BCs will give you the best adjustment IMO. thats for any M35.

also for cost and comfort and adjustablity and build quality. they win on all of those items

+1 for BC's :thumbsup:

How are you finding yours with all the new bits mate?

Edited by Daleo

So do we agree that the BC VS coilovers are the same as BR without the bling? Will it fit ok or do I need to fk around with spacer or custom bits? If so I'll just pay extra for the BR if they just bolt on out of the box...

it looks a little wet so it probably is leaking

dude i have to pull the nismo suspension from sale. really sorry!

craig has probably left by now so he cant take his if youre desperate.

Had this on another car. once the dust covers are torn, its pretty much curtains for the shocks cause the dust gets in, and wrecks the seals quickly (thats if you don't change them). Same as CV boots really. You have to replace a torn one quick.

Sounds like a good excuse to get some BC's!

• 2 weeks later...

Another +1 for the BCs guys. Been in 6 months and no probs.

I do a fair bit of long distance driving with a load in the back. I just wind up the firmness and it stops the back wallowing around.

Also took a little while to get the ride height spot on, scraped on everything to start with but just right now.

Does anyone on here run Teins with the EDFC?

I know BCs are highly recommended, and thats what I was going to get once I got the car, but a really clean car has come up with the Tein system. A bit more expensive but Im trying to work out if its worth it to get the Tein setup.

Otherwise Ill just buy a cheaper car and put BCs on it, Ive read enough on these forums to know thats the best solution for an M35.

Does anyone on here run Teins with the EDFC?

I know BCs are highly recommended, and thats what I was going to get once I got the car, but a really clean car has come up with the Tein system. A bit more expensive but Im trying to work out if its worth it to get the Tein setup.

Otherwise Ill just buy a cheaper car and put BCs on it, Ive read enough on these forums to know thats the best solution for an M35.

Why not go drive it?

You'll know straight away if you like the ride quality, if the car's as clean as you say, it may well be worth the extra spend.

Why not go drive it?

You'll know straight away if you like the ride quality, if the car's as clean as you say, it may well be worth the extra spend.

I'm going to go drive it, but I can't drive a standard or BC fitted car for comparison. For all I know the BC setup will be just as good, and the EDFC will just be a gimmick, which is why I was asking if anyone else had tried it out.

IMO Tein will give a better ride than BC all day long, obviously depending on the model.

I'm most likely going to go the BC route just for money factor, but if I had the choice i'd be going Silkroad or Koni.

I was just wondering if any one is interested in BC BR group buy? That's if the group buy option works with whoever supplies BC in Australia...

I contacted Just Jap (spoke with Tony) who are the only authorised importer ATM. They don't want to get involved with a group buy for a few reasons, but mainly because the range is very well priced (which I tend to think as well) and I reckon they'd rather look after their distributors.

Tony then indicated that maybe their distributor in Melb (Jap Wharehouse) might be interested.

Jap Wharehouse doesn't have any pricing on their website so I gave them a call to ask (spoke with Kenz) and sure enough they are happy to look after a group buy as long as the pricing isn't posted publicly (ie here). Also, to make it worthwhile they can't ship each set to a different location (unless we get maybe 10 people interested, then they might) so it would probably have to be that all sets for Sydney go to one place, and likewise Brissy etc. Maybe Melbourne buyers could pick theirs up from Jap warehouse directly or, again, all go to a central location. When I say "all". it's probably only going to be 2 or 3 sets at most to each spot.

So someone may have to receive all the sets for their city and then co-ordinate distribution. That may work out OK if there was a meet arranged and the others attended. Anyone in the country (ie me) may have to pay a little extra to get it shipped directly, pick up from closest capital city or hope that there is enough people interested to get the same free shipping deal that you get with full price.

Since I am in the market for a set, I suppose I can gather interested parties names and them PM everyone with details. Please bear in mind that due to the already keen pricing the discount is not going to be huge.

Oh, and if you want anything different in the way of spring rates etc, they will need to know before hand. If you want more than a couple of kg's change to standard they will have the shocks revalved at the factory to suit.