SAU Community

In Car Circuit Videos

djr81

Bernie and his kunt daughters can eat the carrot from my cable! I was pissed off when I heard about the camera gig. That wasnt explained at time of entry ... it helped me hide the pain of missing out.

Portimao was a great track. Better than Estoril and maybe just better than Zandvoort. It has plenty going on to keep you confused. It was harder for me to learn than any other track I have driven...though I suspect Bathurst will be a head warp for me as well. The lil R300 was so hard to drive straight....after some laps of throwing it around and losing it every secon lap the lasting fun was trying to drive it straight and get drive out of corners

If Iberia goes ahead again next year I am going to have to get the R32 over for it. Two days at Portimao in teh R32 would be epic. Would be a great track for a decent powered rwd Skyline

Such a great track Roy! Jelly as brew!

Having driven the Albert Park GP track last week I haven't got any footage. Coz Bernie said no.

Some bastard must have been hiding in the tray then Benny.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

im always on here checking out peoples in car videos for motivation but have never pulled my finger out to put one of my own up.

This a 88 hr31 skyline that my brother and i race at supersprints and practice days. We managed a 1:07.03 with poor rear traction at the new south circuit at eastern creek.

(Note: dampers were wound all the way to hard rather than soft last track day so you can see its abit taily! has since been rectifyed!)

Has a Rb25 engine and gearbox, K sport big brakes and coilover, motec and fuel system plus HEAPS more.

Hope you enjoy the video! Cant get the youtube link to show the video here... just have to click the link

nissan1.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

surgetank.jpg

Edited by WAG.00N

nice 31! its handling reminds me of my old sileighty track hack - all over the place. nice driving to tame the beast though.

not so sure about the fuel system on carpet...

Cheers! It should be abit neater next time!

I figured I'd smell the fuel leak before she ignites and if I don't it would e too late anyhow. But I like to keep it neat and tidy looking, even though I only drive it to the track.

The Marshall's definatly noticed a skyline sliding heaps.

Edited by WAG.00N

Here is another vid of the first session where I was sh1tting myself due to standing water and visor fogging up. I guess if you run an open wheeler you need to buy a good quality helmet :)

Cheers! It should be abit neater next time!

I figured I'd smell the fuel leak before she ignites and if I don't it would e too late anyhow. But I like to keep it neat and tidy looking, even though I only drive it to the track.

The Marshall's definatly noticed a skyline sliding heaps.

Alex, I saw you there on the ARDC practice day. Your car looks and sounds amazing :yes:

I was in the white Evo 6 and the good wife in the green Focus RS.

Thanks mate! Had a good day! We were watching you lift your inside rear wheel well off the ground every lap!

Quick question. I noticed your wife was in another group. We were In L2S group, what licence does she have?

Me and my brother both drive our car and paid 105 each. We asked the guys at registration if we could go in seperate groups so we wouldnt hve to share the L2S session but they were just rude an gave me no reason but "no you can't" and that you can't go in that group with a L2S licence.

So we had to share the session for the same money. Was not impressed cause it never been like that at previous practice days.

Any info would be good cause I want to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Cheers

on the weekend the WA CAMS Speed Event Series did a super sprint in support of the ARC rally guys on there Busselton Super Special Stage.

My day started ok but on my 2nd run i found out for real that concrete always wins.

Vid:

fixed it up and went out and finished the day.

Edited by racegtst

Sandown 1:14:79 R32 GTR Great day Still need to buy some new tyres.

Wow, very nice. The gearbox alone would be worth 1-2 secs a lap! :worship: