SAU Community

In Car Circuit Videos

djr81

• 2 weeks later...

my first day back at Lakeside since crashing almost 5 months ago, so of course it had to rain! I had the boost down to 10psi instead of the usual 16, and the wing and splitter removed so the car's back to normal.

To be honest I didn't mind the rain at the start - there was absolutely no pressure to go fast, just ease back into it. And I've always liked driving in the wet - so rare we get a chance to in QLD. Here's a couple of laps from the first wet session. Vid makes it look like just tippy-toeing around, but the next nearest car was 7 sec a lap slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZoThcc6Lyk

The rain stopped for the rest of the day but it was very overcast and humid so it took till the last session for the track to dry completely. So we got a full range of conditions over the day which was something a bit different from the normal sprint event. My 60.2 in the last session was just fast enough to beat a mate's 250rwbhp 240Z for fastest on the day by less than 2tenths. Good fun!

That is why I use a QSTARZ BT-Q1000XT

We've now got the updated version. It now records at 10Hz instead of 5Hz and comes with new Ver 3.0 software with more features.

Q1000eX Info

qstarz-in-hand-web1.jpg

Qstarz is also releasing a 10Hz GPS lap timer with a colour screen and 2GB storage.

Group buy anyone? PM Me.

Q6000 Info

q6000.jpg

It is sounding a little off at the moment. It has got an exhaust leak somewhere....will be mega pissed off if the 6boost manifold is warped or cracked. Everything is tight and looks ok so need to have a look over xmas

That really sucks big time, what happened? In the video someone mentioned driveshaft?

Yeah left driveshaft. Easy fix really... Lucky it was the last run of the 2 day event!

anyone want to buy a 180SX? I think I need an RB20DET R32!

Do it!

It is sounding a little off at the moment. It has got an exhaust leak somewhere....will be mega pissed off if the 6boost manifold is warped or cracked. Everything is tight and looks ok so need to have a look over xmas

That's what happened last time I went to PI. Manifold wasn't flat on the turbo face and the head face. Machined them and good as gold. No issues since.

• 2 weeks later...

Barbagallo Long Circuit Sprint - 26th November 2011

- Practise - nice spin on the last lap

- Run 1

- Run 2 - out braked myself on the start of lap 1 and and nice big spin on lap 2

- Run 3 - chasing 2 GTR's

- Run 4 - basically an all Skyline run. All GTR's in front

Enjoy!

Edited by racegtst

• 4 weeks later...

Hi thought I would share what my year in the WA LF Performance Speed Event Series was like last year in video. Only the mistakes I made are in this short video for a laugh.

Enjoy the short video.

Edited by racegtst

• 2 weeks later...