SAU Community

Gcg High Flow Turbo Who Is Using One

GreenGhost

hay all

my turbo on my s2 stagea is on its way out was thinking of getting gcg to high flow it

is anyone using one on and rb25det neo if so what mods are needed to run it i have fuel pump fmic coilpacks full turbo back exhaust

but stock ecu any help would be great i dont want to make heaps of power a little more then what i have now would be great

thaks guys

myles

Edited by GreenGhost

Brother just got ATR hiflow $800-900

Uses std housing's on new core, modified wastegate bracket for 9psi.

220rwhp @ 9psi on s2 r33 rb25det auto, std except neo smic, catback exhuast.

hay all

my turbo on my s2 stagea is on its way out was thinking of getting gcg to high flow it

is anyone using one on and rb25det neo if so what mods are needed to run it i have fuel pump fmic coilpacks full turbo back exhaust

but stock ecu any help would be great i dont want to make heaps of power a little more then what i have now would be great

thaks guys

myles

im running basically same as you with a GCG highflow, but SAFC neo on the stock ECU, makes great power, only run around 13psi. Not sure of the specs of the GCG as I bought it 2nd hand.

I have a GCG turbo with jaycar electronic boost controller. You can make anywhere from 200AWKW upwards (they are rated at 450hp). The GCG is not cheap (although you can get a discount as an SAU member) but they are ball bearing, slot straight back in with no lines to make up and boost hard from low revs.

If money is tight you can run with stock ecu (keep boost down to 10-12 psi).

I was using SAFC, SITC, speed limit cut defender but since you have a S2 you can replace all that for less money with a Nistune rechip and tune. Then you can raise boost to 16psi and really fly (you should get an electronic boost controller at this point).

chat to Bill at Adelaide Turbo Services

he'll line you up with a Garrett GT3076 ball bearing internal wastegate chra, with ported stock front housing, and larger .73 AVO skyline rear housing, bolt on, with lines

best of the best in terms of highflows, and thats a FACT

240kw at 1.05bar (15ish-psi)

i know its not an RB, but i had a GCG turbo on my SR20 (XTR-SR-3040) and it hauled ass, and didnt miss a beat, made a nice sound too.... like a police siren :D

he'll line you up with a Garrett GT3076 ball bearing internal wastegate chra, with ported stock front housing, and larger .73 AVO skyline rear housing, bolt on, with lines

cost ?

cost ?

the Garrett BB-IW Chra costs around $1300, the .73 AVO skyline 6-bolt exhaust housing is $700, ported front cover, lines, balancing etc

= $2500 for the kit, bolt on, rated for 280kw

I paid $2200 and gave ATS some spare parts for credit.

similar to a GCG.... i recon GCG prob use a 3071 CHRA.... they seem too laggy to be a 2871

i know its not an RB, but i had a GCG turbo on my SR20 (XTR-SR-3040) and it hauled ass, and didnt miss a beat, made a nice sound too.... like a police siren :P

My turbo does that too. Kinda cool. :)

• 4 years later...

Just bumping this. Looking at a GCG hi flowed turbo for my S1 Stagea. Just interested what the lag and power delivery will be like compared to a stock turbo? I want to retain as much low end power as possible, so the rpm it spools at is important, some more lag in building up boost isn't a massive issue, but if it only makes boost above 2500-3000rpms that could be a problem.

Also any comments on the mid range and hi rpm power if I intend to only run around 9psi

Edited by zoomzoom

You will see earlier in the thread that I had one but that was four years ago - there are better and cheaper options now. Talk to Hypergear and he will sort out something to suit you - either exchange or rebuild yours - so no new lines or dumps needed.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/

Ill certainly ask Hypergear. Just reading through the sites you linked, it would seem the SS1 and SS1 billet machined turbo are the best match for what I need - maximum low end response. Anyone using those models?

You will see earlier in the thread that I had one but that was four years ago - there are better and cheaper options now. Talk to Hypergear and he will sort out something to suit you - either exchange or rebuild yours - so no new lines or dumps needed.
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/261613-hypergear-hiflow-service-continued/