SAU Community

Hypergear Tr43i Turbo Tune Done

R34 clutch fairs much better than the R33 item.... remmeber the r34 and r33 have TOTALLY different clutches... also the car would slip after a few pulls which is why we stopped chasing results.

haha I bought my car withy 118,000 on it 2 years ago (car was dead stock except japo 17" wheels), clutch feels stock, not heavy, can ride it, seems so stockish but held up to over 340RWKW's and on low boost, still 320kw's its still going strong. this is in my 33 gtst.sorta looking forward to when in runs out so i can see what the hell it is

Edited by Mr. Untouchable

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats this about stock clutches only handling so much power!? could someone please elaborate? mine is a "heavy duty" on the receipt from a clutch shop, but has a heavy pedal and a more forgiving release point than my mates who run the exedy single plate 'drift' clutches.

something doesnt add up

your making 241rwkw by 14psi on the standard clutch??????????????????????????

either something is wrong or you dont have a standard clutch

my stock clutch couldnt handle 185rwkw and died

i dont know of anyone who has gone over 200rwkw with stock clutch

not saying its impossible, but i am VERY surprised to hear you say stock clutch still ?????

for the record, stock spec clutch holding 203kws here, and hopefully more later on!

mine went at about 180rwkw... got an exedy cushion button from slide, 300 bucks for the install, couldnt be happier... so far she hasent slipped yet..

very comfy, if you are looking for clutches atm

Have had my standard clutch pushing 185rwkw for almost 4 years now. The clutch looked very new though, got it with the gearbox that came in my halfcut and the clutch had definitely not done 75,000k's... more like 5000, if that.

It's just started to slip, going with a Exedy sports organic (32GTR push type) since I'm putting on a bigger turbo.

I use to think my clutch was stock too (got the car at 60,000ks)... peddle was relatively light etc etc. That was until I jumped into my friends car and realized how much heavier my pressure plate really was. Still started to die at 180kw.... was destroyed once got 200+

WOW those injectors are HUGE for that power!!!

Hows that printout coming along?

yeah, bit of a touchy subject, they were bought from a fellow sauer and are not real flash, real poor spray pattern at idle...... they are the old siemens type. Shame as the rest of the car is mint, we are working out a solution atm.

hmmm, turns out the only thing I thought I didn't upgrade when it was changed (the clutch) was upgraded...

Not a stock spec clutch but an Exedy heavy duty clutch as I just found out... after driving it for 2+ years ;)

240 rwkw on a compliance cat ?!@ wow. Did you happen to check your exhaust BP ? Be some power hiding in there hopefully, once clutch is fixxed.

Gary

this also seems to be bit of a myth (for later compliance cats anyway), maybe to sell cats? i see alot of cheap aftermarket cats being not much better than the later compliance cats...

maybe a bit off topic but im in the middle of installing this turbo into my r33 and im having trouble in finding a hose to run from the standard bov into my custom made intake pipe aparently they dont make the size and there stiff so hard if you get twists what have you guys done to get out of this.

Just finshed my install of this turbo on my r33 and im very happy with it, besides the design of the dump being clamped on by a O ring whcih leaked everywhere the turbo it self it performing quite well also ill add that im running stock ecu and only running about 12 psi stock fuel pump it has a lil bit more lag but once u hit boost it goes and skates everywhere great turbo guys for a half the price of a gt3076 or 3071.

Just finshed my install of this turbo on my r33 and im very happy with it, besides the design of the dump being clamped on by a O ring whcih leaked everywhere the turbo it self it performing quite well also ill add that im running stock ecu and only running about 12 psi stock fuel pump it has a lil bit more lag but once u hit boost it goes and skates everywhere great turbo guys for a half the price of a gt3076 or 3071.

Yeah the hypergear v clamps are shit, get a decent clamp and it will be sweet.

errrrr its not 100% on the clamp. You can get stronger clamps but Its just made to hold, It can't seal up gaps.

Its when you weld the dump pipe into the O ring. They don't expand in the same sort of rate. So on the end the flat surface of the O ring becomes buckled under pressure as it cools down.

Normally to weld the O ring you need to divide it into small sections wait it cools down before moving on to next, Or machine the O ring flange flat before fitting it in the car.

pics of install please!!!

plus how did the install go?!? all easy apart from the the dump... have you got pics of what went wrong with the dump?

errrrr its not 100% on the clamp. Its just made to hold, It can't seal up gaps.

Its when you weld the dump pipe into the O ring. They don't expand in the same sort of rate. So on the end the flat surface of the O ring becomes buckled under pressure as it cools down.

Normally to weld the O ring you need to divide it into small sections wait it cools down before moving on to next, Or machine the O ring flange flat before fitting it in the car.

we have roughly angle grinded a mismatched v-band surface (HKS have a lip on them, Garrett don't) and used a HKS clamp to hold surfaces tightly together and it has held on for about 6 months now with no leaking holding 440rwhp!!!

so it might be the clamp :blink: