SAU Community

Ross Tuffbond Balancer Vs Ati

Anyone who has any experience with the ross (just jap sells, billet) could you let me know what you think.

My build has been going on for a while the balancer is pretty much the last item I need before the 26 goes back in the car. I've pretty much gone the "no expense spared" build, haven't skimped on any parts yet. The Ati item I know is the better balancer however it is some $500 more, I've heard mixed opinions on the ross balancer.. Just want to filter out the shit and get the facts.

Car will be running a t04z, motor revving to 8500rpm (street/ track duties)

thanks

Don't be concerned - Ross Tuff Bond balancers are about as good as you can get, run one with no issues - buy Australian- even if we do have Jap cars!

Don't be concerned - Ross Tuff Bond balancers are about as good as you can get, run one with no issues - buy Australian- even if we do have Jap cars!

+1...

Im running a Ross balancer... haven't had any troubles...

performance wholesale in brisbane sell the ati balancers for $740.

i suggest you read the other thread on balancers. you'll find no one gives reasons to back up their claims that the ati is actually better than the ross balancer

I run a ross on my GTR

It runs to 9800rpm everytime its on the circuit and has a dry sump madrel spinning off the nose as well.

Never given me any grief

Im yet to see evidence that the ati is better

Probably should have purchased a balancer and had the whole rotating assembly balanced prior to assembling the engine though.

Edited by Risking

While on topic of harmonic balancers.. Would an aftermarket one help with idle stability? My gut says no! But i dont know coming from a WRX that doesn't require one! My R32 GTR has a rough idle (rough meaning the car shakes a little along with the steering wheel between 1,000-1,300rpm) and its either a tune issue, engine mount, or that the internals are not balanced.. Do RB26's often have a slightly rough idle?

GTRsean- My car is much like yours :thumbsup:

While on topic of harmonic balancers.. Would an aftermarket one help with idle stability? My gut says no! But i dont know coming from a WRX that doesn't require one! My R32 GTR has a rough idle (rough meaning the car shakes a little along with the steering wheel between 1,000-1,300rpm) and its either a tune issue, engine mount, or that the internals are not balanced.. Do RB26's often have a slightly rough idle?

GTRsean- My car is much like yours :thumbsup:

If its bog standard then the answer is no - if it's moded then who knows.

Good fuel and plugs - should idle fine.

Thanks for all the feed back, didn't realise so many people were running them :thumbsup:

performance wholesale in brisbane sell the ati balancers for $740.

That's damn cheap :) just talking to people and looking over build's Ati seemed the way to go, the ross from what I saw was rarely used.

Cheapest place to find the ross? Cheapest i've found is $675 at just jap.

cheers

Edited by Tomek

Shit that's a pretty good price. Cheapest i've seen so far.

EDIT: Just noticed that is without GST, so $589 actually.

Edited by PM-R33

Thanks for all the feed back, didn't realise so many people were running them :thumbsup:

That's damn cheap :) just talking to people and looking over build's Ati seemed the way to go, the ross from what I saw was rarely used.

Cheapest place to find the ross? Cheapest i've found is $675 at just jap.

cheers

give dan from erd a call - 0407111229. from memory the rb26 one is around the 525 mark and i think the rb20/rb25 ones are a bit cheaper

big handbag session in my thread with no reasons as to why. i would say both are good but i cant tell you why

lol that's in the running for post of the month :)

funny how this thread had 90% ross users, the other thread was the other way around. And no-one has had any trouble with either (except that test item someone mentioned elsewhere).