SAU Community

Just Me Venting.. Why Buy Non Turbo..

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the original GT-R was N/A which was what Scathing was probably referring to

At least one person on a Skyline forum remembers that the original GT-R was 2WD and NA.

well then you are still a twat for putting the badge off a new car onto an old car.

The post I quoted never said anything about putting badges from newer car onto an old NA Skyline, just their presence at all. I'm pretty sure the KPGC10 had GT-R badges on it from the factory.

Wow... just read this thread in it's entirety.. i think i started skimming from page 7 or so onwards.

Words escape me on how disgusting this thread is lol. I guess it's crap like this that gives SAU a bad name.

And yeah, i own a n/a skyline and love it - i've had gt-r owners offering swaps/swaps + cash my way but i still have my n/a skyline.

As for n/a skyline being labelled pov pack..that's a pretty big insult considering i could've bought a 33 gt-r with change leftover instead. There are quite a few nice n/a lines out there from all gens.

To the guy pulling 1.14's in the 32 around wakefield without FI, very nice dude.

Oh, forgot to mention i'm an n/a enthusiast.. and yes, i have owned a turbo before. Didn't really like it much but of course, that's all personal preferences etc. Was glad to get back into an n/a car.

Why were you glad?

And how isn't an N/A skyline povpack? It's far cheaper then every turbo of the same vehicle. I'm assuming you have a 34 GTS

Why didn't you swap your N/A for a GTR? Insurance? Age? Too easy to break? I'm assuming you have a 34 GTS and someone wanted to swap/swap + cash for a 32 GTR, which is a broad spectrum.

Don't read it the wrong way, I'm geniunly interested.

ohhhh yeah... I totally don't count those as skylines, and there is no turbo variety, so everything he just said is null and void.

His reason for buying non turbo is "There is no other option"

So good for him.

Just for technicality sake :P there is no R34 GTS, there are only: GT GTV GTX GTT GT4 GTR and then all the GTR spec models. GTS stopped after the r33.

I hate ppl calling R34's gts and gtst's.

The 350/370gt's etc don't need a turbo, they make similar power as the r34 AND more power than the r32 + r33 turbo models

If they did have a turbo there target market (old farts) probably wouldn't want to buy them

Edited by R34 -_-

bit hard to say that all NA skylines are good because one that has a 3.5L NA motor is ok. it is going to spank the arse off a RB20DE r32, and rightly so. i don't mind the 350GT and yes i'm sure they go alright, but they aren't really in the picture here as they make up for their lack of turbo by having an extra 1000cc of capacity over the next most powerful NA skyline (rb30 doesn't count as it puts out less power than a rb25)

The 350/370gt's etc don't need a turbo, they make similar power as the r34 AND more power than the r32 + r33 turbo models

If they did have a turbo there target market (old farts) probably wouldn't want to buy them

LOL :P

The neighbours (granny & grandpa) have 2 V35s, 1 sedan & 1 coupe...

The V series is more of a luxury car than a performance car IMO.

I would love to know what kind of cars we'll be driving when we get gray and wrinkly. and also what the new generation will be driving when they get to our age lol....

I'll probably be long dead by then due to disease. & you will probably find a bunch of riced cheap china cars around by then :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi all, I need to get this HKS SLD attached to my stock ECU because I've now got the German autobahn and faster European circuits to contend with.  The car is a manual 2dr ER34 with an AT ECU and I've realised the AT ECU has two pins for speed sensor signals: Pin 29: Vehicle speed sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 2) Pin *58: Output shaft rotation sensor signal (Vehicle speed sensor 1) - *RB25DET A/T model only Before I go butchering this harness, is anyone sure of which pin is the correct one for signal adjustment? The attached document from HKS indicates pin 29 but I found this situation mentioned in the following thread on a different forum (R34 GTT Auto Trans Speed Cut Problem | Zerotohundred) mentioning pin 58 needing to be altered by member zephuros, albeit it seems to be for an RSM-GP and the info appears to be old.  R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-2.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-3.pdf R34_All_Workshop_Manual-pages-1.pdf HKS SLD Vehicle Pin out P59-P70 ER34-pages.pdf
    • Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Verified Maidens Superlative Сasual Dating
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.