SAU Community

Car graphics

SuperGimp

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind the graphics for my car, but i have seen graphics that are soo damn expensive, but i have seen that i can get the vinyl heaps cheap from a distributer and i can get a mate of mine to cut it all up, heaps cheaper for a plain graphic.

I might be able to help (those in SA)

My wife is a picture framer and they use a Gunnar ?? mat cutter to cut fancy mat boards (the bit between the pic and the frame) They can import vector graphics and have the mat cutter do the work. We haven’t tried this yet as we aren’t good at vector graphic work, and haven’t tried cutting with vinyl

If you can email me a suitable graphic tell me where to get the vinyl at a good price (not a whole roll, just a bit big enough for a few attempts) then Ill give it a go. If it works out OK I could probably get forum members work cut for little more than the cost of the vinyl.

hey i can design some vinyls for that... hmmm methinks an SAU vinyl is in order. As for getting vinyls, your nearest 3M retialer is your best bet for small offcuts.

What you need is self adhesive vinyl.

I'm actually contemplating buying a Stika SX12 to do some vinyl work.

If you email me your design Ill try and get it cut. It may take a little while over x-mass due to their busy workload and shutting down for a while to go on a holiday.

PS we can also cut mat boards. If you want to frame a picture with a fancy mat, maybe some skyline cut-outs and you place pictures behind these, it can also be done

I did my design (simple: logos & text) in illustrator - using a photo of the car as a template. I then simply supplied the sticker-cutter-guy with an EPS that I had scaled to the right size.

Voila - cool gold stickers and 25kw at the wheels :D

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

If you want a (fairly) cheap program, you can't go past Corel Draw, it comes with everything including Photo Paint, which will do everything Photoshop will do. It also has a lot of photo editing tools just in Corel Draw. It takes a lot of practice to produce good results. (except for the simple stuff). I have run my business with it for 13 years, since version 4, now on version X3 (13). I also have a print and cut machine. Does decal cut outdoor stickers. If anyone on here wants anything done I would charge $80/linear meter at 1330 wide. If you want to see the sort of results that can be achieved , have a look at the Crusty Demons Ute on our website.

http://www.appealingsigns.com.au/Signs%20-...es%20-%2024.jpg

However this takes expert fitting, and also still took 14 hours to apply, about 8 hours of artwork! All done in vinyl though, and can be removed without a respray. All artwork done in Corel Draw.

i run a 1200mm wide vinyl plotter and 2 large format digital printes. so i can cut graphics and also print images etc and be applied to car bodies, Fast and furious style.. :P

if anyone has small sticker they want produced just PM me, or if someone has grand ideas i would like to give it a go. we could work it out