SAU Community

R35 Development Project

I'm curious about the Main North Nissan stickers Slip35 as your car is heavily modified and I thought Nissan dealers were told not to go near a modded R35 GTR?

I'm not sure if this is correct. I know most dealers won't work on a JDM R35 however they are happy to work on ADM delivered vehicles. Nissan are clear about the warranty on the GTR, I don't expect to claim warranty from Nissan on the parts that I have modified so there shouldn't be any issues.

Slip

Edited by SlipR35

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is correct. I know most dealers won't work on a JDM R35 however they are happy to work on ADM delivered vehicles. Nissan are clear about the warranty on the GTR, I don't expect to claim warranty from Nissan on the parts that I have modified so there shouldn't be any issues.

Slip

thats correct, Nissan Aust dealers offer zero support to JDM GTRs but we get ADM GTRs with bucket seats, slotted rotors with ENDLESS pads, etc which we still support. as for warranty, they only pick on things that are modified where the original item can be replaced under warranty but overall forget it and just modify, especially for the brakes since the standard pads are prone to cracking after an outing at the track. tho do keep in mind bout the transmition.

Edited by R33_NICK

• 3 weeks later...

Slip

Hi Slip

Any chance you can give me a call. I think Martin gave you my numbers.

Regards

Mark.

Slips in Singapore at the moment, so he may not read this however he gave us a little project while he was away....

Ever wondered what to do with those pesky stock R35 GTR seats left over from the Technocraft swapout?

Wonder no more -

navseats.jpg

Say hello to the worlds first Navara with GTR chairs :)

hello boys at willall been reading this forum on the r35 the work you have done to this car is stunning, people mighten know but this type of work takes along time, getting to know, playing around, then finally modifying, then testing, without the time it takes just to organise, find, manufacture the list of parts you used there is some serious hours gone into this build, rarely do you see that these days, alot of workshops want the car in and out quick regardless [quick money is more important] your shit is astoundingly organised and well put together.

a couple years ogo i rang you to get some info on my hr31 with the 25 fitment [i was the boy from broken hill living in adelaide] i was to finish it and bring it in for a tune i never did i moved to mildura and the car just sits now waiting for me to finish a heap of jobs to it [yes a 26 now] trouble is imagine my old bitch rocking up at your shop im sure to get an old cars to the back of wingfield ticket or mate niss wreck is over there behind us

anyway the work performed on that car is top grade, you never know the japenese tuning shops may do the same as the old 32 days where the racing crews sold there parts back to japan that were developed here

THERE IS NO DOUT US AUSSIES CAN WALK THE WALK AND TALK THE TALK WHEN IT COMES TO RACING

top shit an all the best for the future, im gonna keep watching this thread

matthew

• 1 month later...
trouble is imagine my old bitch rocking up at your shop im sure to get an old cars to the back of wingfield ticket or mate niss wreck is over there behind us

anyway the work performed on that car is top grade, you never know the japenese tuning shops may do the same as the old 32 days where the racing crews sold there parts back to japan that were developed here

THERE IS NO DOUT US AUSSIES CAN WALK THE WALK AND TALK THE TALK WHEN IT COMES TO RACING

top shit an all the best for the future, im gonna keep watching this thread

matthew

Everyone gets the same treatment :)

I am actually a closet 31 fan :blink:

wow, nice work! will be interested in feedback when you are ready (quality of the items, install, performance). Do you need to take special precautions handling the ceramic rotors? great stuff thanks for posting, those are serious money.

Edited by LSX-438

Do you need to take special precautions handling the ceramic rotors?

Hi Duncan,

Keeping the temperatures right and getting enough airflow to keep Carbon-Ceramic Matrix brakes in their ideal temperature range is very very important.

There is a post on Nagtroc posted by "AP Racing - Chris_B" here that talks about the importance of cooling and keeping the temperatures right with Carbon-Ceramic Matrix brakes ...

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry466826

0406ec_brakes04_z.jpg

We're sorting a custom set of Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes (PCCB) for a customer of ours at the moment who is building a monster early 911.

As shown in the photo above, the Porsche PCCB's are supplied by Porsche as a two piece set up with hat.

Because they are a two piece with hat setup, the Porsche PCCB's can be fitted to almost any car with appropriately sized wheels (including non Porsche applications like the R35 GT-R and many other cars) by properly engineering a custom hat and caliper adapter.

We're also sorting a similar custom setup at the moment to fit a set of Porsche PCCB's to one of the Scandinavian time attack cars - they build some wild cars in that part of the world :)

On the early 911 we're also designing a custom setup to retrofit the new centrelock wheel system from the 2010 GT-3 to the early 911 (see http://porschebahn.files.wordpress.com/200.../components.jpg )

We have inhouse CAD design facilities and a wide range of brake rotors, calipers and wheels in our CAD systems, so that definitely speeds the custom design process.

On both the BMW project and the early 911 project, we'll definitely be providing a lot of cooling airflow to keep the temps right.

There is more info on the Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes and a link to a test of the PCCB's by European Car Magazine here ...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/porsche_brakes.html

- Adam

Edited by TheTunersGroup

• 2 weeks later...
A preview of the WR35WS direct vane water injection system developed specifically for the CCM package on Slips car -

ccmpic1.jpg

Hi Martin,

In that photo above, where does the line carrying the water end in a mist nozzle ? Are you spraying the mist into the centre / eye of the rotor or onto the friction surface ?

- Adam

Edited by TheTunersGroup

• 1 month later...

have been reading this thread with a huge grin on my face

so glad to be back in a jdm car with such competent local aftermarket support

i just ordered a milltek y-pipe and sorta regretting it now after seeing you have a ti version for similar money. If the milltek doesnt sound good, ill swap it out no question

any chance of offering your ti tips to those of us who want to retain the oem muffler (for the time being at least) :)

Edited by domino_z