SAU Community

R35 Development Project

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had another look at the GTR yesterday. All the carbon looks amazing. Rear parcel shelf, bootlid & spoiler, bonnet/vents, engine bay, gearshift paddles, even new sport steering wheel. This Guy is the CARBON KING of South Australia!!! Very cool car.

Looking forward to hearing it under full noise out at the track. More photos Martin.........and maybe some dyno sheets?

Love to see the comparison to stock setup.

Near enough 400kw at all four wheels on our new Mainline AWD dyno at 17psi boost pressure is a nice start with a conservative tune, up from 270kw at all four stock. Thats getting close to a 50% power and matching torque improvement :D

The upgraded WR35TT turbochargers are responding nicely with excellent flat boost control, not tapering away or running out of puff at the top end like the stock pieces do. Also they will not suffer the same accelerated thrust wear and failure that the stock turbochargers do over 15psi, due to being ball bearing (no thrust bearing). So its looking nice at this stage :down:

Martin

When does the boost cut in for the new turbos? Same as the stock or a little later?

Has this affected the way the car takes off or does your car still have a little lag (if it is a ADM car) ?

Regards

Mark.

This owner could have bought a 911 or a Lambo etc, but he chose to go sick on a new R35 GTR.

Good on him. I went for a run in this car yesterday & it is awesome. Definate improvement over

my Std R35. Will look forward to going out in the country where we can stretch its legs a bit more.

Hmmm... these new turbos are looking good.

The best way of describing the response of this package is to show you the raw numbers. Attached is a dyno graph from our Mainline Chassis dyno that shows you exactly the gains vs a tune + midpipe GTR in actual percentage - the very best way of showing the comparison :woot:

wr35ttdiff.jpg

How large is the trade off lower in the rev range given the turbo's are now larger?

I did not get to go far in this car but it did not feel much different from the bottom end.

The new ball bearing core spools up faster than the std plain bearing & this car has aftermarket

dumps that replace the primary cats so less back pressure.

To really tell the difference I would have to drive this one & then mine back to back but considering

how new this car all is I dont see that happening & I wouldn't expect to.

Going for a ride in it will be fun enough.

The boost response of these turbochargers is absolutely excellent. No doubt there is a couple of hundred rpm difference in the spool - it is impossible to avoid this when going to larger turbochargers, however the short initial gearing of the GTR and its lightning fast 'on boost' GR6 transmission effectively hide any of this to the point where the car feels like it has stock bottom end response. Where it is much different is higher in the rpm where the compressors simply dont run 'out of wind' and fall of boost like the stock items do. Most importantly being ball bearing cored there are no thrust bearings to go into rapid wear and failure mode as happens with the stock GTR turbos. My belief - and I am biased on this one so forgive me - is that the WR35TT modification is superbly matched to the GTR, adding reliability with ball bearing core design, and integrating all of the factory pleasantness of a properly integrated turbocharger solution.

As for US dealers and fitters. We have a main Willall distributor in Atlanta Georgia, that being Forged Performance, and then several dealers throughout the country. Fontana Nissan Motorsport in LA, SPE are another in Socal, in fact there are many dealers you can work with directly on the East Coast of the US that have access to Willall parts and technology :D