SAU Community

Satin Black Gtr

Gibbo_R35

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinyl/Carbon Wrapping is still relatively new. for a medium sized car expect at least $5,000 labour + materials. wrapping a spoiler will even cost you $500. imagine the work needed for a whole car.

Looks great. Does anyone in Australia/Sydney do this, is it exxy and does it wreck the underlying paint?

Hey,

check out shawfirearts in kirrawee to wrap cars in whatever you like. http://www.shawfire.com.au/

and if you want to check out his work on cars and your at superlap i think the pulse evo will be wrapped in carbon look vinyl.

• 3 months later...

Big, black & lots of horsepower....

2.jpg

Mike

Mike, off the GT-R topic, but I'm driving/co-driving the Jag XK-R you guys wrapped, this weekend in Targa Classic Adelaide. Awesome job you've done on it!

Vinyl/Carbon Wrapping is still relatively new. for a medium sized car expect at least $5,000 labour + materials. wrapping a spoiler will even cost you $500. imagine the work needed for a whole car.

It's $3500 for an R35 GTR, material and labour.

Mike, off the GT-R topic, but I'm driving/co-driving the Jag XK-R you guys wrapped, this weekend in Targa Classic Adelaide. Awesome job you've done on it!

Hi Rexdan I was in Gouger Street on the Friday Night with me nephew...The Jag in satin Black was a huge draw card, Lots of people snapping including me...Spotted it coming down the Freeway towards Adelaide on Saturday about 10.45 driven by pretty woman... :whistling:

Hi Rexdan I was in Gouger Street on the Friday Night with me nephew...The Jag in satin Black was a huge draw card, Lots of people snapping including me...Spotted it coming down the Freeway towards Adelaide on Saturday about 10.45 driven by pretty woman... :whistling:

Yeah it certainly provided something different in Gouger St on Friday night...and I was sitting next to that pretty woman you speak of...my fiancee :whistling: Hahahaa

post-30660-0-63442700-1316509650_thumb.jpg

I don't get the logic behind carbon vinyl wraps

Are you supposed to be fooling people into believing your car is carbon like an exotic veyron or zonda

thats what i thought. the only time i'd personally go for it is if its parts that cant actually be removed and replaced by real carbon. ie, the Rocky Auto S30 where all parts have been removed and replaced with carbon parts except the rear-quarters and roof which is wrapped only to match the other carbon parts.

• 3 weeks later...

How do vinyl wraps hold up on the race track? Do they get minced up as soon as any stones or gravel hit it?

Vinyl is more resilient than paint. Stone chips that scuff the vinyl will most definitely chip paint (in the case where a car is not wrapped).

To put it in perspective, the resilience of most wrapping vinyls is like duct tape, which is quite strong.

Matte black vinyl wrap is used extensively in racing...

11CTA-3909z.jpg

IMG_0196z.jpg

Hey REXDAN, have you seen this car before? :D

Edited by Carbon Demon

• 3 months later...