SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

Hey charles got all my parts yesterday evening but didnt have a chance to get em back in but will definatley post some pics for everyone to see, the looks awesome! cant even tell that its been wrapped!

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey charles got all my parts yesterday evening but didnt have a chance to get em back in but will definatley post some pics for everyone to see, the looks awesome! cant even tell that its been wrapped!

Awesome! Glad you like it :D

That rear bar looks good man! My only issue would be being so close to the exhaust? It gets pretty fkn hot in that area when driven in anger!

So far so good, been driving in the 36degree heat :)

I think the vinyl will be fine there, as it can stand up to 200degree heat from my heat gun :cool:

But I'll keep you guys posted regarding the exhaust heat.

I'm tackling some R33 mirrors at the moment and will post up pics when finished :P

nice work you have inspired me to try wrapping some stuff on my car now i love diy :D

got any tips for other wrappers?

just bought some and looking to do the end caps of my gtr wing and mayb the wing blade down the track i see how i go!

is the heat gun necessary or would a hair dryer be sufficient?

nice work you have inspired me to try wrapping some stuff on my car now i love diy :)

got any tips for other wrappers?

just bought some and looking to do the end caps of my gtr wing and mayb the wing blade down the track i see how i go!

is the heat gun necessary or would a hair dryer be sufficient?

Hehe thanks :)

As for tips.... Just be very patient with it because if you don't get it right the first time, you can always peel it off and try again. Also try not to stretch it too much, or else under when heated, it will shrink back to original size.

You can use heat gun or hair dryer, both does the same job. I started off using a hair dryer, but it only had 3 speeds and 3 heat settings, so I moved onto a Bosch heat with LCD display of the temp. Which I thought was much better, as I know how hot to have it for certain curves :)

lastly, remember to not over heat it, I think maximum is 250 degrees, after that, the pattern will just melt on the vinyl and become like matte black lol.

have you seen the neffy wrap vinyl? i heard its better

website is http://neffywrap.com.au or the oz distributor

http://xposed.com.au/australian-distributo...effy-wraps.html

theres pics on ozhonda for it, he actually compared the 3m vs the neffy previously as the neffy product isnt self adhesive so applying it is very easy

sample photos he has

img0311g.th.jpg img0312m.th.jpg img0313sq.th.jpg

img0316hha.th.jpg img0318cg.th.jpg img0319tc.th.jpg img0320vr.th.jpg

Edited by ForevaZero

have you seen the neffy wrap vinyl? i heard its better

website is http://neffywrap.com.au or the oz distributor

http://xposed.com.au/australian-distributo...effy-wraps.html

theres pics on ozhonda for it, he actually compared the 3m vs the neffy previously as the neffy product isnt self adhesive so applying it is very easy

sample photos he has

Yup, of course I've heard of it.

In fact... IMO, neffy is not better.

Yes, neffy is like 1/3 of the cost of the 3m vinyl.

BUT, neffy does not have adhesive backing, therefore, additional adhesive is required, that means, when applying, to repeel and re-use the same bit of material will become a problem. Not only that, after being applied, if you want to peel it off, that might become a problem as adhesive was used to secure it. Where as with the 3m vinyl, it's got self adhesive backing, you can peel off and re-use it as many times as you like (well pretty much), if it gets all creased, use a heat gun and boom! it returns to how it was before you even started. Or if it starts to lose the stickiness due to dust or oil, you can just wash it off with soapy water and it will stick again. Also the 3m self adhesive is easily reversible, just heat it up a little bit with a heat gun and off it peels.

Apart from that, the 3m vinyl has a gurranteed 4 years lifespan outdoor with UV protection and 12 years indoor, while the neffy does not offer UV protection and its not recommended for outdoor usage. And as much as you say you use it for interior (indoor), there will always be sun (UV) shinning in from your windows.

God damn it, when are we gonna see some r33 interior shots with this stuff?

Oh, that reminds me to upload some pics of the R33 interior that I did last week haha!

Give me a few mins :D