SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

Sure thing mate, that is why i didnt mention my business name at all.

That's beside the point im afraid, you are offering products and services to members and asking them to pm you for details.

This not permitted - If you want to do so, become a trader - Very simple.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure there would be tonnes of parts that people on here would want recreated in carbon fibre and a group buy could easily be organised. My friends on the supra forums always get together and get carbon fibre parts made in a large order (currently my friend is doing one for a supra dash).

Unfortunately as Blitz has said, people aren't allowed to advertise stuff if they aren't a trader, which puts this in a bit of a hard situation to organise.

Here is my nights work with the vent being a fun job, from what I have seen the cheap stuff is cheaper for a reason. I do use sign writing vinyl every day and I have an electronic heat gun with 10 degrees increments so it is a tad easier for me.

Had to do the badges for the hell of it to the extent of each tips weave running a different way.

That looks heaps cool dude, are you able to get some closer shots of the vent?

I've seen them on overseas EVO forums, but I've always wondered how people did them lol

I'm sure there would be tonnes of parts that people on here would want recreated in carbon fibre and a group buy could easily be organised. My friends on the supra forums always get together and get carbon fibre parts made in a large order (currently my friend is doing one for a supra dash).

Unfortunately as Blitz has said, people aren't allowed to advertise stuff if they aren't a trader, which puts this in a bit of a hard situation to organise.

But that's what the Group Buy section is for.. If enough interest is generated then why not..

Just not sure how it would work if he is not a trader. I suppose he could do it as an EOI into a group buy and if enough interest is generated than sign up as a trader or something.

Or get some one else to do the group buy saying he is the source of the items.

Just not sure how it would work if he is not a trader. I suppose he could do it as an EOI into a group buy and if enough interest is generated than sign up as a trader or something.

Or get some one else to do the group buy saying he is the source of the items.

well i wasnt going to become a trader for a few months until i had everything organised but if there is enough interest in this particular carbon fiber overlay onto oem interior parts i will become a trader and do larger order. but you have to understand it is not a cheap thing to do, it can get expensive. as i said above.

That looks heaps cool dude, are you able to get some closer shots of the vent?

I've seen them on overseas EVO forums, but I've always wondered how people did them lol

The trick is patience, making rear Brembo stickers out of vinyl individually cutting and weeding letters at 5.7 mm high teaches you patience, images show you what I mean. You will get there just takes time.

post-5805-1269529574_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1269529586_thumb.jpg

Edited by DRIFTT

The trick is patience, making rear Brembo stickers out of vinyl individually cutting and weeding letters at 5.7 mm high teaches you patience, images show you what I mean. You will get there just takes time.

Lol yeah, I know patience is a must, but I wasn't talking about that :banana:

Was just wondering if you were able to wrap it in 1 piece or in pieces or if you needed to make a cut on sides of the inside of the vents :P

Lol yeah, I know patience is a must, but I wasn't talking about that :)

Was just wondering if you were able to wrap it in 1 piece or in pieces or if you needed to make a cut on sides of the inside of the vents ;)

That one was one piece but takes to long manipulating the material, just wanted to know how far I could push it and I learnt a hell of a lot. Next time I would do a couple of slits but wouldn't be an issue to hide the joins.

But now every prick I know wants me to do stuff for them, one mate wants various roof, boot and bonnets done on 3 cars and it goes from there, supply isn't an issue now which is why I will be doing it.

You should see the 2010 dealers catalogue it has 6 to 8 colours for Carbon look now available to order, I got an earlier one yesterday but couldn't convince the guy to let me have the 2010 one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well once again Charles has done some great work! Always loved the look of weathersheilds but hated the fact they were brown. The answer was clear! carbon wrap :P Just finished fitting them to my car unfortunately its dark but this is the best photo i could get.

tuff-4.jpg

Love the new JDM look, much more aggressive :) Thanks Charles your a champ! :P

I don't want to take away from the greatness of this thread, but, a couple of weeks ago I wrapped my B-Pillar trims in the vinyl on my N15...

CarbonTrim2.jpg

CarbonTrim4.jpg

Unbelivable stuff to work with, but I have restrained myself from going too over the top...

After seeing the things wrapped in this thread I have to admit I have reconsidered... haha

Thanks for looking.

Well once again Charles has done some great work! Always loved the look of weathersheilds but hated the fact they were brown. The answer was clear! carbon wrap :banana: Just finished fitting them to my car unfortunately its dark but this is the best photo i could get.

Love the new JDM look, much more aggressive :banana: Thanks Charles your a champ! :P

Thanks for the kind words dude :)

I can't wait to see some better pics of it on the car :banana:

Here's some of my pics off the car:

IMG_0174%20copy.jpg

IMG_0173%20copy.jpg

IMG_0172%20copy.jpg

IMG_0171%20copy.jpg

IMG_0170%20copy.jpg

IMG_0169%20copy.jpg

Here are some images of the last couple of things I did, mirror was fun with so many curves and other stuff is from having a lot of off cuts. Couple of people thought using this stuff was easy till they sat and watched me do the mirrors.

Charles how much Primer 94 do you have left and the weather shields is one of the best ideas I have seen for using DI-NOC, I did a windscreen banner on the work ute so the Rodeo's mirrors are next.

post-5805-1270735491_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1270735502_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1270735535_thumb.jpg

post-5805-1270735545_thumb.jpg

Here are some images of the last couple of things I did, mirror was fun with so many curves and other stuff is from having a lot of off cuts. Couple of people thought using this stuff was easy till they sat and watched me do the mirrors.

Charles how much Primer 94 do you have left and the weather shields is one of the best ideas I have seen for using DI-NOC, I did a windscreen banner on the work ute so the Rodeo's mirrors are next.

I bought a litre of the primer for $103, and I think I still have at least 600ml left lol.

I don't want to take away from the greatness of this thread, but, a couple of weeks ago I wrapped my B-Pillar trims in the vinyl on my N15...

CarbonTrim2.jpg

CarbonTrim4.jpg

Unbelivable stuff to work with, but I have restrained myself from going too over the top...

After seeing the things wrapped in this thread I have to admit I have reconsidered... haha

Thanks for looking.

o0o0o0o0o0oo nice :blink:

i'll be giving you a call soon buddy :D

you take out all the parts yourself ?