Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah sorry i can't pm you but im not too confident in using primer nor wrapping my own dash but thought i'd give it a go. I'd be interested in paying someone to wrap my dash but charles is in melb and you are in perth lol

Unless I have one at mates workshop best bet is Charles, you can get around with out certain parts fitted.

This vinyl will go soft when heated, so you can work it around corners and stuff.

3M gurantees 4yrs lifespan outdoor with UV protection

Hi there charles i wanna get my r34 gtt sedan interior done and also the door pillars. Cud u give me a quote please. Sorry cant PM u as i am a newbie here

Hi there charles i wanna get my r34 gtt sedan interior done and also the door pillars. Cud u give me a quote please. Sorry cant PM u as i am a newbie here

Hi mate,

Can you send me a sms on 0434 502 855 and I'll reply with a quote. Cheers :(

Well you know you have hit the big time when you have the "Special" drink coasters, second picture is actually all different types of DI-NOC, got about 10 different finishes along with the carbon ones.

I made quite a few up as samples with Carbon on one side and Wood Grain on the other but once my mates saw them well the stack became very small.

16lw8lg.jpg

1045383.jpg

Would it be ok to use this stuff on a whole boot? I wana remove the wing from my sedan, i have a origin lip spoiloer for it, be cheaper to coat both in this then get the boot resprayed. I wanted to go a CF boot for it but there hard to find.

How much in material would it cost to do both?

Thanks,

Here's a set of R34 wipers (front + back)

Hahaha Charles... may I suggest you get some help for your obsession... :P

Just kiddin', they look great! I've been planning to just re-paint my wiper arms for a while now... perhaps I'll get you to wrap them instead so that they match the dash :(

Edited by Samon

Hahaha Charles... may I suggest you get some help for your obsession... ;)

Just kiddin', they look great! I've been planning to just re-paint my wiper arms for a while now... perhaps I'll get you to wrap them instead so that they match the dash :)

Hey hey.... They aren't for my car lol :ermm:

It's for a R34 GTR :O

But yes, feel free to give me a call to discuss about your wipers hehehe

I just repainted mine, should have had them wrapped!! Looks awesome, as always mate.

You still can ;)

thumbs up! more quality work!

Thanks for the kind comments guys :(

Comments like that is what keeps me wanting to wrap more (not just for myself, but others lol) :)

Would it be ok to use this stuff on a whole boot? I wana remove the wing from my sedan, i have a origin lip spoiloer for it, be cheaper to coat both in this then get the boot resprayed. I wanted to go a CF boot for it but there hard to find.

How much in material would it cost to do both?

Thanks,

If interested I might have an R34 boot that I am wrapping for a mate who is doing them on exchange or out right basis, I know there is R32, R33, S13 and S14 boots with a chance of an R34. Also got complete dash for S13, S14, S15, R32 and R33, interiors for R32, R33, S13, S14 and again some R34 parts, series 1 and 2 R33 wings with more bits slowly being sorted.

Decided to do this way because of time to cure and ensure no defects as it isn't a 5 minute job also means cars aren't out of action, for the boots he will lend one while I wrap the customers one as well.

Doing same deal for a Holden workshop, buying complete new trim and selling out right, I know the hassle Charles had in the past and I don't want to go there.

If interested I might have an R34 boot that I am wrapping for a mate who is doing them on exchange or out right basis, I know there is R32, R33, S13 and S14 boots with a chance of an R34. Also got complete dash for S13, S14, S15, R32 and R33, interiors for R32, R33, S13, S14 and again some R34 parts, series 1 and 2 R33 wings with more bits slowly being sorted.

Decided to do this way because of time to cure and ensure no defects as it isn't a 5 minute job also means cars aren't out of action, for the boots he will lend one while I wrap the customers one as well.

Doing same deal for a Holden workshop, buying complete new trim and selling out right, I know the hassle Charles had in the past and I don't want to go there.

It does sound good and efficient, but there are people out there that are unwilling to pay for a brand new part lol and they can't be bothered selling their old part xD

But all in all, it's a good method to handle it. I don't do it nor thought about doing it because I'm only doing it as a hobby lol, not gonna invest loads of money into it :bunny:

And +1 for not being a 5min job. A lot of the jobs that I do, takes about a week, due to the process I go through to ensure everything is perfect.

Yeah i mite be interested eh, i dont mind losing the boot for a while as the car isnt my daily, its more a case of im in Bunbury and your in perth. So im sure we could work something out.

Might be keen on some interior bits to!

I can see this ending expensively...

Yeah i mite be interested eh, i dont mind losing the boot for a while as the car isnt my daily, its more a case of im in Bunbury and your in perth. So im sure we could work something out.

Might be keen on some interior bits to!

I can see this ending expensively...

If we time it right since coming from Bunbury you can bring the boot up in a different car and we should be able to turn it around in a couple of hours, don't want you driving with it as material needs to set.

• 2 weeks later...
Lay one in a straight line then place second one next to it............ Not as simple as that but other things like temp come into account.

F#&K that and it is better with 2 or 3 people and if that cheap shit I would not look at doing any job with it.

Yeah, that's the way that I do it, but the thing is... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (depending on surface and cut). So I never join anything lol, 1 piece ftw.