Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would love to get my rb26 engine covers done. that would look tuff !

how would it go on engine parts?

I'm really not sure, as I haven't done anything for a engine bay. But I was so close to buying a spare NEO cover and shaving it and wrap it lol, but ended up couldn't be bothered with it :)

Looks really nice Charles, Just spend 30 minutes reading this whole thread!.

Once I finally get my 32 GTR I will have to buy some Vynil & tips off you.

Postage to W.A? would you charge more?

Looks really nice Charles, Just spend 30 minutes reading this whole thread!.

Once I finally get my 32 GTR I will have to buy some Vynil & tips off you.

Postage to W.A? would you charge more?

PM Sent :D

has anyone put some clear over the top to make it look more real .....it should work

Well.... This vinyl has a DRY carbon fibre look, not a WET look, and it's not meant to be clear coated to make it look like WET carbon fibre.

Putting clear coat on the vinyl will fill out all the embossed carbon fibre pattern, which will make it look more like gloss black without the pattern and the reflections of the pattern will reflect less and only in certain angles.

Well.... This vinyl has a DRY carbon fibre look, not a WET look, and it's not meant to be clear coated to make it look like WET carbon fibre.

Putting clear coat on the vinyl will fill out all the embossed carbon fibre pattern, which will make it look more like gloss black without the pattern and the reflections of the pattern will reflect less and only in certain angles.

ok so you must of tried it.

thanks

Here is a dash I have just about finished, the two photos give you an idea what is needed to work the material were you want it.

10z7hol.jpg

4ky1i1.jpg

Looking fantastic! VN/VP/VQ/VR Commo?

Nice work DRIFTT, did you encounter any cars that's got a bonnet that's longer than 1.2m?

The IS200 bonnet is actually two pieces of material with a join down the centre, it is hard to see but it is there.

Not a VN/VP, either VR/VS. I'd guess VR Exec. Still a fantastic job.

Yeah it is a mates VR Exec, looks a lot better in the car especially since he also put white face dials in so got to get some more photos.

Edited by DRIFTT

was the bonnet easy to do, as my bonnet is faded big time and there is a bloke in WA selling some japanese generic brand super cheap atm.

It wasn't easy but bonnet was on the car, what is the cheap stuff and who is selling it over here.

It wasn't easy but bonnet was on the car, what is the cheap stuff and who is selling it over here.

a guy called flashX its in the for sale car parts and accesories sections, page 3 i think atm.

he reckons it the only difference is that the 3m is 0.18 and the othe is 0.16 or the other way around, and its only $60 bucks a metre, heres the link

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Qu...rb-t318194.html

thinking about bonnet mirrors and eyelids for me

a guy called flashX its in the for sale car parts and accesories sections, page 3 i think atm.

he reckons it the only difference is that the 3m is 0.18 and the othe is 0.16 or the other way around, and its only $60 bucks a metre, heres the link

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Qu...rb-t318194.html

thinking about bonnet mirrors and eyelids for me

Just be careful with the cheaper stuff :(