SAU Community

Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap

Charles89

Hey guys,

I just bought a new roll, so sheets of the 3M CF vinyl are now available if anyone is interested in wrapping it themselves.

1.2m x 1m = $130+postage (probably be $5-10 for express) OR pick up. Can also do smaller quantity.

On Carbonfibregear.com, they sell 1m for $112USD + $38.20 postage = $150.20USD = $164AUD.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That roof looks great! But I think you've taken "wrap a whole car" a lil too seriously :)

Haha, that's not my car :)

The guy wanted his roof wrapped so I thought I'd give it a go and it turned out awesome :)

img0034uc.jpg

img0033g.jpg

Ive always wanted to do this to my car!may i ask how much vinyl it took to cover the car and also

was it one whole piece? youve inspired me to attempt this on my own car :(

Ive always wanted to do this to my car!may i ask how much vinyl it took to cover the car and also

was it one whole piece? youve inspired me to attempt this on my own car :(

On the Lexus, i used just one piece, so no joints at all.

A sheet of 1.2m x 1.7m.

If you need a sheet of vinyl, I can post one down to you ;)

hay mate could u give me a price to do my centre console like yours

cheers

julz

PM sent :D

I'd figure some who can afford a IS250F, can afford to get a real Carbon Fibre roof...

:)

Welldone Charles, looks great!

Kinda like a real Carbon Fibre roof... ;)

Yeah, I don't know why he went with vinyl, maybe it's because vinyl is removeable? Lol

But the 3m vinyl looks pretty good on a $130,000 car xD

And as for you Jamie.... I know you want some of this in your car too :cool:

Hey man can I get a price on some carbon to do the B pillars, the black bit at the bottom of the Altia front bar, A/C vents, A/C controls and the tripple guage holder in an R34 GTT.

Oh and jrm referred me to you.

I'm in Sydney.

_DSC0268Small-1.jpg

I've pointed to the bit I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Dave.

A few people has asked me about the black plastic on the R34 factory rear bar, so I've spent a couple of hours trying it out on my bar.

It took a little over 2 hours but pitty the sky was too dark to take some photos of the finish product, so here's what I've got, I'll get some better photos tomorrow :P

img0042xy.jpg

img0041m.jpg

img0046zw.jpg

^^^ Looking good Charles even better than i thought it would, will be looking to do that to mine soon now for sure.

Cant wait to get my other parts back ill post photos of them once ive fitted them back on.

^^^ Looking good Charles even better than i thought it would, will be looking to do that to mine soon now for sure.

Cant wait to get my other parts back ill post photos of them once ive fitted them back on.

Cheers dude :P

As for your parts, the final day in the sun went very well, didn't have to touch it up at all. So once I see the dough, they will be on their way :P