SAU Community

Gtrs 0-60mph And 1/4mile Factory Specs.

LoNgStAr

start rant/ Those last 2 are pathetic quarter times, and just proves whoever did them has no idea how to drive, only the R32 time is meh ok, the rest are a joke. The 34 got less mile aswell what a joke. Going buy those figures a WRX should keep up and close are you kidding me!!!/end rant

And why are you getting your info for a car that was never sold to the yanks from a yank website, those guys are just shocking.

so you're trying to say that a 1500+kg car with only 280hp at the flywheel should run faster than 14 flat at 104mph? (33 GTR)

what am i missing here?

punch 1530kgs and 280hp into a moroso speed calc and the MPH is spot on and it says 13.3sec ET...and thats not allowing for shift times, wheel spin and gearing so 14.0 sounds about right to me

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find it hard to do the whole VS thing when you car puting a 1989-1994mod, up against a 2009model car..... hows there even a VS?

I just mentioned that at the time the R32 was around if you compare it to a car of its era(VP- VR- VS 5 litre SS') the GTR wipes the floor with them, however, the latest model SS is very close when compared to the R32, the AWD is what gives the GTR the bigest advantage as you can get it off the line alot easier than the VE SS. This post started out with a guy asking if his stock 32GTR would beat a VE SS. I just said it would be close, as the VE has come along way.

MBS206 is Duncans R32 stock or does it have a few mods? If its close to standard and beats the VE ss then the question is answered! Argument sorted.

well....mine has exactly the same mods allowed as the other cars I race against - exhaust, ecu and shocks/springs can be changed. So yes it has some minor changes to make it trackworthy, but the other cars have exactly the same freedoms.

I think they're only interested in stock vs stock not even tuning?

Colin's 32 is pretty stock except catback and rims and he's quick fast when doing 7k launches... I can only keep up even after I got mine tuned. But having said that, I was doing 4500-5000 launch only.

I just mentioned that at the time the R32 was around if you compare it to a car of its era(VP- VR- VS 5 litre SS') the GTR wipes the floor with them, however, the latest model SS is very close when compared to the R32, the AWD is what gives the GTR the bigest advantage as you can get it off the line alot easier than the VE SS. This post started out with a guy asking if his stock 32GTR would beat a VE SS. I just said it would be close, as the VE has come along way.

MBS206 is Duncans R32 stock or does it have a few mods? If its close to standard and beats the VE ss then the question is answered! Argument sorted.

Duncans R32 is as he described it.

I believe it's purely exhaust and tuned yes Duncan? (Plus suspension)

And he's racing against commodores with full exhausts and tunes (And the new SS commodores are getting MASSIVE gains from that sort of work...)

And seriously... If I could find an SS that handled, accelerated or even BRAKED like Duncans... I'd buy it!

You cant really compared a tuned semi stock gtr with a commodore. gtrs are known for their potential same goes to 2jz. Its like a sleeping dragon thats needs to be awaken. I believe everyone will say the same, a gtr without a tune or 7k launch isnt THAT impressive. At least to me.

well....mine has exactly the same mods allowed as the other cars I race against - exhaust, ecu and shocks/springs can be changed. So yes it has some minor changes to make it trackworthy, but the other cars have exactly the same freedoms.

And what boost pressure do you have dialed in?

I think it's fine to compare the cars Deano; plenty okay to have a "versus" between cars even if they are 20 years apart...as long as we keep it in perspective, i.e. they are 20 years apart in technology, and it is track-car-coupe-designed-for-use-on-the-road vs family-sedan-with-a-heap-of-grunt.

As the original post was regarding acceleration times / drag racing do corners need to come into it?

You cant really compared a tuned semi stock gtr with a commodore. gtrs are known for their potential same goes to 2jz. Its like a sleeping dragon thats needs to be awaken. I believe everyone will say the same, a gtr without a tune or 7k launch isnt THAT impressive. At least to me.

Have you seen what happens when you let an LS2 breathe with a touch of fuel taken out? They wake up more then a GTR does! And the GTR still kill them!

I actually know a few guys over at trackchat.com.au with LS? powered commodores and monaro's

One bloke has done 1.08s at wakie and other done low 1.09/1.10's @ wakefield also.

Pretty much the same times as a modded GTR with a good driver around wakie

So really, this argument is the same every year. people always compare the two types of cars, when really they are nothing alike.

you have a local 4 door family car with grunt

you have a jap 4wd twin turbo two door

what you should be comparing is something that would be in the same league as each other.

eg EVO vs WRX

TBH this argument can never be won, it will come down to preference.

you either like jap cars or you dont

you either like the local v8's or dont

a true car enthusiast wouldnt care, they;d want both in their garage - thats what I want.

go spend 50+k on a new VE commo, v8 6L blah blah watever you want to make it to be.

Or take your 50+k and spend buy a clean r32 gtr. for say 20k.... and go spend the 30k u got left on it in mods..... than see who comes out on top..... No matter how many people like to put shit on the old r32 gtr, for them being old and gunner blow up the second you put your foot into them, for the money you can pick them up for these days.... They will Never be beaten... especially by a Aussie built peace of crap wearing a holden or ford badge.

my 2cent : D

LOL @ Deano, it is so true if u spend money on the gtr, it will still be beast doesnt matter if its 20 years old or whatever, godzillia will still be godzilla i guess.

Cheers bro

Stock vs stock i'd take the GTR.

Yes the new commodore's have more power and torque however they are also listed at 1700+ KG so 1800+ with driver. That means the power to weight ratio's are similar (6.94 GTR vs 6.3 SS). As the SS is RWD with a lot of torque, it will be much harder to get off the line and up to speed where as the 32 GTR can dial up 5K, sidestep the clutch and disapear without much of a fuss.

The SS will have a little bit more top end but it's got to have the right stretch of road or track to even utilise that advantage and then it will still have to pull back the gap the GTR has gained from getting off the line.

I had a wildly modified soarer in the past that made nearly 400rwkw and it would get slaughtered by GTR's all the time because it didn't have the room required to wind up. Mind you if it did get into 3rd gear on boost it'd be a different story, but it proved to me the point about having usable power.

thanks aphex, very detailed explained that helps alot.

cheers man!

Hey guys, what's going on in here?

OP: paper stats always fluctuate so they can only ever give you a ballpark to go by. Don't underestimate the SS Commodore...these cars get faster every model they release and the latest are no slugs. Remember that the GTR is always going to be a manual and consequently needs to be driven properly to obtain these 0-100 times, which will not be consistent for every run you do. SS Commodores for most part are auto and if you're taking on one in a drag, you will need something of a good launch because off the line is where the GTR is so fast. If you stuff this up or engage in a rolling drag, do not expect to win because you will run out of steam before the Commodore...particularly as 20 year old engines don't yield their factory power/torque anymore.

very good point Birds, will need a good launch to beat the SS. However lets say we start at rolling start 20km/hr what will the results be if you be predict?

cheers man

After being in Duncans production race car... Those SS commodores DON'T STAND A CHANCE!

The amount of grip the AWD gives when driven in aggression... You could take 50KW off the GTR and it'd still wipe the floor with the SS... The RWD vehicles just CAN'T put the power down to be useful in going uber fast!

Is that true? so gtr is better just becuase its AWD?

so you're trying to say that a 1500+kg car with only 280hp at the flywheel should run faster than 14 flat at 104mph? (33 GTR)

what am i missing here?

punch 1530kgs and 280hp into a moroso speed calc and the MPH is spot on and it says 13.3sec ET...and thats not allowing for shift times, wheel spin and gearing so 14.0 sounds about right to me

Yea these are factory record i assumed, so what they say ill assume that its true, wont have a chance to go out thgere and do an actual test. YES SHOCKING results

I actually know a few guys over at trackchat.com.au with LS? powered commodores and monaro's

One bloke has done 1.08s at wakie and other done low 1.09/1.10's @ wakefield also.

Pretty much the same times as a modded GTR with a good driver around wakie

So really, this argument is the same every year. people always compare the two types of cars, when really they are nothing alike.

you have a local 4 door family car with grunt

you have a jap 4wd twin turbo two door

what you should be comparing is something that would be in the same league as each other.

eg EVO vs WRX

TBH this argument can never be won, it will come down to preference.

you either like jap cars or you dont

you either like the local v8's or dont

a true car enthusiast wouldnt care, they;d want both in their garage - thats what I want.

Here Here! My bike would beat all of them.... :P

I'm going to WSID to run my bike tomorrow night i've run an 11.3@122mph so far. Just got it jetted and tuned 120hp at the wheel not bad for a 15yo 900. If I can drop my 60 down to 1.7 from 1.9 hope to hit high 10s! Also going to try out a new secret weapon to help bring the times down.

If anyones going tomorrow night i'll be lined up with a Black and Maroon Honda Fireblade ,its very old, but come and say hello.

Cheers

GTR 206Kw stock, me think not, not the R34 anyway

That was a power restriction that all car manufacturers in Japan were forced to comply to back in the day.

There's talk of a "gentlemans agreement" in place which means that they are closer to 230kws.

I know mine is far from stock, but geez I love wiping the floor with new Fords and Commodores :P